Thursday, April 9, 2015

I KNOW, I SHOULD HAVE DONE THIS LAST WEEK...




But you know, I've been lazy with making blogs lately. But oh well...

Last Thursday, I went out to Hollywood to attend FREEDOM OF SPEECH THURSDAYS, an open mic run by my capoeira teacher and friend, Charles Williams.



Now I get off on HOLLYWOOD & WESTERN Station a couple of blocks away from the event, and find a little Farmer's Market! I WILL be buying something there in the near future.



And here we are at the event. Here's Charles and company setting up...



...And, here's the performers signing up.



Now this guy wasn't a performer, he just wanted us to get a picture of him looking natural behind the mike. I think he looks natural, don't you?



Now tonight's event was hosted by TRAN SE, one of the amazing crew of people who help Charles run the event:



And, he's a really good magician, who performed later that night:



Now this video wasn't made last week, but he did perform a similar trick.

And here's some pictures of some of the other performers that came out:



Now some of the acts were very good, and some, well... weren't. But that's what I think is part of what this open mic is all about. People come in, and showcase their talents. Sometimes they shine, and sometimes... they need a little work, but it's all good.

But anyway, if you want to see ALL the acts that went up that night, click HERE, and watch it on USTREAM.

Tonight, FOST is having their 3RD YEAR ANNIVERSARY, and I'm gonna be there to watch, and god willing, get some pictures and post them up for you all.

Well, after I go to this month's ART WALK in downtown L.A.





No comments:

Post a Comment