Friday, February 10, 2012

It's all about making connections...

As anyone who reads this blog should know, 2 nights ago I went down to O'briens Irish Pub and Restaurant in Santa Monica for the Music, libations and boot stompin at O'briens... And I had the time of my life!!! I know I should have posted about this as soon as I got home that, but... I didn't.

Of course the bus and train ride going out there wasn't a picnic. But all I'm going to say about that is It wasn't a bus ride, it was an adventure...

When I got off the bus about a couple of blocks from there at Main st. and Sunset in Venice, I walked up about a block or so to Vardo, where there was a little pre-performance party going on. You see, the performers at O'briens worked at Vardo, and their friends and co-workers were there to support them and show them some love.

Anyway, when I got there, I saw Alejandro Wood and greeted him, then Danni El came up and gave me one of those huge love-hugs. I chatted with them for a couple of minutes, then they went over to O'brien's first to set up. A couple of minutes later, I walked with Barbora Fagan and my other friends from Vardo up to O'briens. And, after a few minutes of preparation with lighting, sound, etc. the Party got under way.

First up was Lacey Cowden. I said before that she had to be good if she was performing with Danni and Alejandro. Well... she was fantastic! She sang like 5 amazing songs, and when she was done, people kept asking her for one more... and so was I. Now the curious thing was that there was a guy who performed a song before Lacey, and played with her on her first song. This is one of the most annoying things about typing this post so late... I asked this man for his name specifically so I could give him a shout out in this post, and for the life of me, I can't remember it. Anyway, he was great too, and as soon as I find out who he is, I'm going to mention him.(I remember it now. It's Geoffery Martin)

Next up was the Amazing Danni El. She was accomanied by percussionist Nick Ware, a friend of mine from Radiance Movement. And speaking of Radiance Movement, Madison Moross was also there, and she invited me to an art show they're having this Saturday night. Anyway, Danni and Nick performed about 5 deep, soulful songs that moved me to my core. I enjoyed them very much, and Like Lacey before, when she finished her set, I didn't want her to stop either... Man, I could listen to Danni all night. But, all good things must come to an end even if you don't want them too.

And last, and certainly not least, was "Alejandrizzo". He rocked the house with his songs and had the ladies Dancing... And then comes the part of the evening I hated the most. I had to leave.

And what's worse, I had to do it before Alejandro finished his set. Anyway, I promised Danni that I would leave her a message as soon as I got home, and I embarked on a long, uneventful bus ride back home.

Anyway, the last thing I'm gonna say about last Tuesday Night is, I HAVE GOT TO DO THIS AGAIN!!!



P.S. Danni, I hope you liked the cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment