Monday, April 2, 2012

Another reason to call Florida, "The Sunshine State"

Hi Everybody.


FLORIDA is a state in the southeastern United States, located on the nation's Atlantic and Gulf coasts. It is bordered to the west by the Gulf of Mexico, to the north by Alabama and Georgia and to the east by the Atlantic Ocean. Florida is the 22nd most extensive, the 4th most populous, and the 8th most densely populated of the 50 United States. The state capital is Tallahassee, its largest city is Jacksonville, and the South Florida metropolitan area is the largest metropolitan area in the southeastern U.S.

When you think of florida, you might think of cities like Miami, Orlando, Panama City, Tampa, Fort lauderdale, Key West, etc.

Or, you might think of attractions and theme parks like Disney World, Universal Orlando, Busch Gardens, Calle Ocho, etc.

Yes, these are great places to visit, and are just a few of the many reasons that florida has a well-deserved nickname of "The Sunshine State".



Well, as good a place florida is, It's about to become a BETTER place to go to. Why do I say this, especially since I've never been there? I say this because in about 2 weeks, this woman is moving over there:



My friends, I present to you, Danni El.




Now if you read this blog before, you will have noticed that I blogged about her before. (In case you don't, click HERE). She's one of those rare people who can light up a room with her smile, and who can actually have a very positive impact on everyone she meets.

Danni El is, in my humble opinion, an angel. An absolute angel.

And, As you can see below, she is an awesome musician:



Anyway, she's going back to florida (which is where she's from) for awhile before going to Peru (where her family's from), and her friends Joe Hurt and Jessica Bell are having a Going Away Jam for Danni El tomorrow night at O'Brien's 2941 Main Street, Santa Monica, CA 90405, Around 9:00 p.m. And (especially since I know which way I'm going this time) I'll be there to wish her well, and dance and sing the night away with all her friends!


Danni, Whether here in Cali, or in Miami, or Lima, Brazil, or wherever you may find yourself, I hope you keep on making beautiful music. And I don't know many of your friends here in Cali, but I do know that I can speak for all of them when I say,


DANNI EL, WE'RE ALL GOING TO MISS YOU!!!




AND DANNI, WE ALL LOVE YOU VERY MUCH.







P.S. I just thought I'd show everybody what kind of sunrise you'll be looking at in a couple of weeks...








No comments:

Post a Comment