Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Message to Danni El

Hi there.

All this week, I've been sending messages about Thanksgiving, which if you haven't guessed already, is my favorite holiday. But now, I wanna send a Thanksgiving message to a special person.




Ladies and Gentelmen, This is Danni El.





She is a musician. A very talented musician. I made a post a while back about how I met her, but now I want to go into a bit more detail.

It was April 16th, 2011. It was an ordinary enough day, or so I thought. But I was about to learn, as the author Dan Millman discovered on a large rock one day, that there are no ordinary moments. I was out in Hollywood doing something very important (Which I'll tell you about someday). I had finished my buisness and was hurrying back to the Hollywood - Highland Red Line Station. But just before I got there, I heard a sound, a very beautiful, angelic sound that was calling to me, so I turned around...

And THIS is what I heard:



I stood there, watching this woman perform that beautiful song, which I found out later that day was named Colores, totally mesmerized. When she finished, she took a brief break, and I got a couple of dollars out to tip her and go, but then, she sat down on a stool, stood her guitar up, and started playing it like a drum, as she started to perform this song:



I didn't stay long enough for her to finish the song, because the time left on my Bus transfer was about to run out and I had to get going... but in her guitar case, she had a cardboard sign that had her name, her facebook page, her You Tube page, and her twitter. So, I borrowed a pen, wrote down her information, and when I got home, I tracked her down on FB(so to speak), sent her a message introducing myself, and added her as a friend.

I also added links to her FB page, her YouTube Channel, and her Twitter to this blog (you can find them in the Side Bar) And when she was doing live shows, I posted announcements about them on my FB page and on this blog.

I'm not going to go into much detail about what happened since I first met her, other than what I already posted in the past few months. It's just that there's not much more than that.




Well, except maybe the promise I made to her...



Well anyway, now that I told you all a little bit about who she is, here's my message to her. I'm not much of a poet, so I'm just gonna send this straight out.


Thank You, Danni.

Thank you Danni, for coming out here to show the world your music,
Thank You Danni, for teaching me that we are the ones who can make the difference....
Thank You Danni, for teaching me to have peace and love in my heart where ever I go.
Thank You Danni, for showing me that VEGAN FOOD ROCKS!!! (Even though I would still prefer a steak, burger, or fried chicken any day)
Thank You Danni, for teaching me how to do THIS

And last, but certainly not least,


Thank You Danni, for all the love - filled hugs!!!

Well Danni, I don't know exactly where you are right now, but I know that wherever it is, it's a better place to be right now, because you're over there.

And I hope you come back soon.

But Anyway Danni, Wherever you are, Whatever you're doing,


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!




P.S. I miss you, Danni.

No comments:

Post a Comment