Thursday, April 5, 2012

That was one HELL of a Tuesday Night!!!

WASSUP, PEOPLE!!!



As you may know, I went to Danni El's Going Away Jam last Tuesday night. And, I had a blast!!!

But it didn't start out that way... In fact, it was a little boring. I got out there a little early, so I had to kill some time... so I walked around the venice boardwalk, went up to the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica, walked around Main St. for a little bit, and had a light (yet heavenly) dinner at Vardo and then, I walked up to O'brien's. And that is when the fun began...

Well, not yet. When I got to O'brien's and went to the back where the stage was at, I saw Big Joe Hurt, and his lovely wife, and greeted them. But, nobody else was there. about a minute later, Danni El showed up, but she had a problem. She accidentaly locked her car with her keys, along with her guitar and all her stuff inside. However, one quick call to A&A from Joe's wife, and that problem was solved in a few minutes. Anyway, I Gave Danni some cookies, helped her with her guitar, and went back inside. And then the fun started...

As a side note, I also met this great poet named Chuck Williams, whom I had the pleasure of watching perform with Danni at the Down n Out bar in Downtown Los Angeles, and later that night he performed that same song with Danni... Anyway, On Thursdays, he hosts an Poetry/Spoken Word Open Mic called "Freedom of Speech Thursdays" at the "Sabor y Cultura" cafe in Hollywood. It's free, if anybody out there likes to listen to poetry, and you happen to be in the area, you should definetly check it out.

O.K., back to the jam...

First up was Alejandro Wood, who sang a couple of great songs, although his set was a little short. But it was during this time that I met Jessica Bell, another of the amazing performers who played that night. In fact, I met a lot of performers that night. Some of them I knew, like Nick Ware, Geoffery Martin and Lacey Cowden, and some I didn't know like this amazing guittarist named Mylo, and interesting enough, a guy named Ashton. And there was this guy, I think his name was andrew, who had this small guitar. I didn't get to hear him play, though. Anyway, after Alejandro, Big Joe Hurt came up with his band, and rocked the house.

Now mind you, I want you to know that I made videos and pictures of everybody who came up to perform, with the intention of putting them up on this post. But, I'm not going to do that. And I'm not going to do that for a simple reason. That reason is, all the videos and pictures I took are utter crap. My Mother, God rest her soul, used to tell me to never buy the cheapest product, whether it be clothes, electronics, food, etc., because that product will ALWAYS turn out to be a piece of shit. Well, the ONE TIME I didn't listen to her, and she turns out to be right.

Anyway, After Joe, a couple of other people performed, I think Lacey and Geoffery did a song, and Mylo did a few solos on the guitar... and then came the big finale: Jessica Bell, and Danni El. But before Danni went on, I gave her a little Tiger's Eye stone. It's believed to give it's wearer protection. And I figured, if Danni was going to be traveling over 2 continents, she's going to need all the protection she can get. Anyway, she liked it.

Now, on to the finale. Danni and Jessica came onstage with a full band of thier friends, and proceeded to rock the house for about an hour with some awesome tunes... Danni did a few songs, and Jessica did a few songs, back and forth. And the amazing thing was, I think it was the very first time Danni, or everybody else played together, but they were jamming up there like they were all playing together for years.

Well, at least I think so.

But, then came the sad part. Danni and Jessica ended their set, which signaled an end to the jam. And my bus was coming, and as much as I like Venice and Santa Monica, there was NO FUCKING WAY I was going to get stuck out there all night. So, after saying good night to Danni, and promising I'd call her the minute I got home(which I did), I headed home.

All in all, I have to say it turned out to be a magickal night.

No comments:

Post a Comment