Saturday, August 13, 2011

Dear Diary... I'M HAVING A HELL OF A WEEKEND!!!

Yeah, that's right. I'm having one of the best weekends ever. And it started last Thursday night...

My thursday morning kinda sucked, though. I lost a pedal on my bike and I had to take it to the shop to get it and a couple of other parts of it fixed, the bank system was down so I couldn't check on my money a very important thing, especially if you're unemployed... but I decided to go to downtown L.A. anyway and try to forget my troubles at the ArtWalk. I saw some pretty great art over there, and I also saw some not so good art, saw some good street musicians, and I saw this great traditional mexican music and dance performance. But, I just couldn't get over this crappy feeling I had. But then, just when I was about to go home, I ran into this woman:





Her name is Danni El, and her street performance is the reason I go to the ArtWalk every month. Although she wasn't performing there that night... more on that later. One smile and hug from her, and my crappy feeling was gone, and replaced with a feeling that I can only describe as... pure happiness. We greeted, and I walked with her up the street with her friend (I didn't catch her name) we danced with some Krishna worshippers until a bike cop made us move on, and we followed them until we got to 5th and spring. But I had to go, so I bid farewell to her and told her I would go to see her at her job the next day, and she gave me another one of those beautiful, love-filled hugs, and left to follow the krishna worshippers and give free hugs.And although I hung out with her for only a magickal few minutes, I felt that feeling for the rest of the night. I felt the love when I saw some asshole peeing on a tree in public, and when a fight almost broke out when I was passing by (and I mean ALMOST. When they saw me pass by, the fighting and arguing stopped. I think they felt the LOVE.) I felt the love when I got to the Blue Line Station and gave some homeless woman a dollar and bought her a train ticket, and I felt the love all the way on my 12 mile trip back home.

And, in case you don't know, This is what Danni El does:




O.K., SO WHAT HAPPENED ON FRIDAY?

My Friday was great! In the morning, I went and got some fresh fruit at the Farmer's Market in Downtown Long Beach, and then a beautiful woman took me out to lunch. And in the evening, I saw Danni El again at the VARDO CAFE in Venice Beach, where she works. We talked for the better part of an hour about a lot of different subjects, the details of which I'm not going into here. She has another performance August 28, and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully, I'll make it this time. Hanging out with Danni was a perfect ending to a day that was perfect on many levels. The only downer was when I saw my friend Janet, and I found out she was robbed on the way to work. Thank god she wasn't hurt.

NOW FOR SATURDAY...

My Saturday's going damn good! I bought my friend Janet lunch, I got my bike out of the shop, and, drumroll please...


I FOUND OUT MY NEICE HAD A BABY BOY!!!!


Oh yeah. My weekend's turning out to be fucking sweet... I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment