Sunday, June 19, 2011

This Just In...

Herman Cain: ‘I’m not anti-Muslim, I’m anti-terrorist’ | The Raw Story

Republican presidential hopeful and former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain once again defended his anti-Muslim remarks to a group of bloggers over the weekend.

Cain has said that he would sooner appoint openly gay cabinet members than one those of Muslim faith, because "they are not going to try and put Sharia law in our laws."

The remark has haunted him throughout the campaign season, and some of Cain's defenses have only dug the hole deeper, like the explanation Cain provided ThinkProgress last week.

"You have peaceful Muslims, then you have militant Muslims, those that are trying to kill us," he said Monday. "I was thinking about the ones that were trying to kill us."

At the Right Online conference for conservative bloggers this weekend, Cain tried again.

"I am not anti-Muslim. I am anti-terrorist," he said, according to the Associated Press. "My statement has been misconstrued several times. I've even been called a bigot, because I've expressed a desire to be cautious if I were to consider a Muslim for my administration."

No comments:

Post a Comment