Tuesday, December 24, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!




I was gonna put this real long and elaborate post today, but I decided to only put up my all time FAVORITE thing to watch when I was a kid, "HOW THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS" the cartoon from 1966.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE FULL CARTOON

And this is my favorite song from that Cartoon. "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" is a Christmas song that was originally written and composed for the 1966 cartoon special How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The lyrics were written by Theodor "Dr. Seuss" Geisel, the music was composed by Albert Hague, and the song was performed by Thurl Ravenscroft.



Here's the Lyrics:

You're a mean one Mr Grinch
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel
Mr. Grinch
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel

You're a monster Mr. Grinch
Your Hearts an empty hole
Your brain is full of spiders
You've got garlic in your soul Mr. Grinch
I wouldn't touch you with a
39 and a half Foot pole

You're a vile one Mr. Grinch
You have termites in your smile
You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile
Mr. Grinch
Given the choice between the two of you
I'd take the a seasick crocodile

You're a foul one Mr. Grinch
You're a nasty wasty skunk
Your heart is full of unwashed socks,
Your soul is full of gunk
Mr. Grinch
,br> The 3 words that best describe you, are as follows, and I quote
Stink, Stank, Stonk

You're a rotter Mr. Grinch
You're the king of sinful sots
Your hearts a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots
Mr. Grinch

Your sole is an appalling dump heap
Overflowing with the most disgraceful
Assortment of deplorable rubbish
Imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch
With a nauseous super naus
You're a crooked jerky jockey and,
you drive a crooked horse
Mr. Grinch

You're a 3 Decker sour kraut and toad stool sandwich
With arsenic sauce!



And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. - Dr. Seuss





O.K., I'm also gonna post AMY MAY's video vlog of her performing that timeless classic, SILENT NIGHT.





Amy May is an amazing singer/songwriter from the UK. She regularly performs at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica. I go down to the Santa monica/Venice Beach area every so often to see the sights, or visit some friends who live in that area, etc. I don't go too often, because it takes me almost 3 hours on the bus and the train to get there... But when I do go, I ALWAYS go on the promenade to see certain performers. And out of all of them, Amy May is in my opinion one of the best. In fact, if I don't see her perform, I don't consider it a good trip to Santa Monica.

So, if any of you out there happen to be out at the Santa Monica 3rd st. Promenade, be sure to check her out, and buy her awesome CD's.

If you want to know more about Amy May annd her music, check out her website, www.amymaymusic.com

You can also buy her music here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-grace-sessions/id487495289








And now, as always, I'm gonna end this post with the most beautiful song in this whole, entire world.


------------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT------------





May all of you have the spirit of Christmas which is Peace, the gladness of Christmas which is Hope, and the Heart of Christmas which is Love


No comments:

Post a Comment