Friday, March 28, 2014

When Capoeira stops being NICE... And starts getting REAL.


Hi guys,

I want you guys to take a look at this video:



This video is an introduction, and an advertisement for a 4 - hour (NOW 6 HOUR) instructional video for ATACX GYM CAPOEIRA.

In my humble opinion, ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY WHO PRACTICES CAPOEIRA, WHO IS INTERESTED IN CAPOEIRA, OR INTERESTED IN SELF DEFENSE SHOULD BUY THIS INSTRUCTIONAL.

When you finish reading this blog post, you will know why.

Atacx Gym capoeira is a modern form of Capoeira, created by HEAD COACH RAS. Taken from his blog, he states:

ATACX GYM CAPOEIRA is a modern, functional, full spectrum self defense AND musical/cultural/fitness expression preserving the fighting and music of capoeira from the past and merging it with the best we have in the present and the future. There is no limit in our expression. Grappling, weapons, rodas, berimbau, modern music, orixas, multifights, yoga, street self defense skills, community...we do it all.

He has taken capoeira back to its original fighting roots, and added modern training methods and self defense needs to it. When you first see it, right away you can tell that this form of Capoeira was designed to fight. They have all the beautiful, fancy acrobatic moves capoeira is VERY famous for, EXCEPT THEY CAN FIGHT WITH THEM.

In Atacx Gym Capoeira, they preserve the history ( As in teach you capoeira legends and scientific history about capoeira ), music, self defense [ As in training for today's fighting environment; such as knives, firearms, ground submissions etc ) and Community. They also teach very important information on Candomble and Sangria ( Santeria ).

A few months ago, Head coach Ras asked me to give an honest and unbiased opinion of what I thought were the benefits you would experience training with him, and contrast that with training in what he calls, "Cardio Capoeira", which he put in the testomonials section of his web site, http://sites.google.com/site/atacxgymcapoeira

Here, I include what I said.


Hi Coach Ras,
First off, I took the liberty of putting a link to your website on my blog. you can find it in the sidebar, in the African Martial Arts Section.
And second, I have to put up my DISCLAIMER: Coach Ras, you have to understand that I've NEVER taken a formal capoeira class in my life, either with you or a Cardio Capoeirista, so in everything I have to say after this line, you have to keep that in mind.

Now, as for your videos... Here's something else I typed in my blog's sidebar: "It is in my nature to be kind, gentle, and loving...

BUT KNOW THIS: When it comes to matters of protecting my friends, my family and my heart... Do not fuck with me. For I'm also the most powerful, relentless, and ruthless MONSTER you will ever know... BELIEVE THAT."

I love the Martial arts, but I don't consider myself a "Martial Artist". I consider myself what I call a SELF PRESERVATIONIST. What I mean by that is, my interest in Martial Arts and Survival is for one main purpose. That purpose is to SURVIVE, and to PRESERVE LIFE in general, and in particular, MY LIFE, and the lives of MY LOVED ONES. You see, I don't stick fight, I don't knife fight, I don't sword fight, I don't gun fight, or whatever. I SURVIVE, the aforementioned methods are merely the tools I use to accomplish my goal. If you come at me looking for a "fight", you've come to the wrong place.

You've come to a place where I'm going to do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure I SURVIVE.

This is my attitude towards self defense, and Martial Arts in general. In fact, I don't believe in self defense, I believe in SELF PRESERVATION. Whenever I look at a Martial Arts video, I look at it with this question in my head: "How will this help me survive?"

And with everyone of the videos where you're showing techniques, you always give a clear answer to that question. Your explanations are clear, and you've given me some new perspectives on how certain capoeira movements can be applied to certain situations.

For example:





Now, let's start with your ginga... Mestre Pasthina described the ginga as signifying "a perfect coordination of the movements of the body with the objective of distracting the attention of the adversary, making him vulnerable to strikes".

YOUR ginga is the ONLY one I've ever seen to fit that description of a ginga.





everyone else's ginga seems to make THEMSELVES open to getting hit, but that's my own opinion.

And on the sizzers sweep(I meant scissors sweep) video you did the other day, I NEVER thought you could use a role in that way.




Or, to use a NEGATIVA TO ARMBAR SOMEONE...




You even show how some of the ACROBATIC MOVEMENTS in capoeira can be used for self preservation, something no one else seems to do.



Like I said Coach Ras, I can't make much of a comparison between your style, and the Cardio Capoeiristas, because I have no DIRECT experience with either, but I will say this: From what I seen, I know for sure that I can defend myself with what you show. The other guys... not so much.

Now about your instructional... I hope you got a copyright on it, because I fear some of those other guys will buy it, and then start teaching your material saying they learned this all along, etc. while hating on you and trying to discredit you in the process. I'm telling you that because it's been happening to my silat instructor for years now... Anyway, I hope this testimonial helps...

John



Now I wrote that testimonial before I bought the instructional, using what I knew about him from the You Tube videos he makes.

By the way, here's his CAPOEIRA You Tube Channel:

ATACX GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

Now having bought the instructional, I can say that it totally delivers what Head Coach Ras says it does. Fighting techniques you can use NOW to defend yourself, along with Capoeira history, etc...


And speaking of capoeira history, Ras has written an EPIC eye-opening blog detailing the African origins of capoeira, putting together a HUGE amount of information in a way that has never been before.

CLICK HERE TO READ THE ARTICLE


So, why should I care about capoeira's origins, you might ask? Well you see guys, for a long time now, there has been a HUGE debate surrounding Capoeira's origins. But Capoeira's roots can be traced back to african people for anybody who wants to look honestly for them. In my opinion, Much of the dispute surrounding the origin of capoeira stems from a continued effort to disenfrancise african people of OUR contributions to world civilization. Because of this continuing, centuries - long effort, We black people have to go to great lengths just to prove that we HAVE contributed to the advancement of civilization on this planet, something that most other races/ethnic groups take for granted.

Don't believe me? Watch this:



As Coach Ras has shown in his article, this information about capoeira's true roots is out there... it's just that historically, it has often times been conveniently overlooked if it offers supports information for the african argument.

And for those of you that don't know, Capoeira is NOT the only surviving Afro-Atlantic Martial Art surviving in North and South America Today.



It's just the most well known. And this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING do do with race, because people of ALL races have rejected this information, as well as embraced it.

But hopefully, this article by Coach Ras, and others like it, will refute much of the misinformation currently propagated by certain people who have no desire to see people of african descent benefit from our cultural contributions to this wonderful world of ours.

O.K., sorry for that little rant, but like the song says, THAT'S THE KIND OF SHIT I DON'T LIKE!!!



Anyway, if you're STILL wondering why you should by the ATACX GYM CAPOEIRA 6 hour instructional video, check this out:



Published on Mar 26, 2014 http://sites.google.com/site/atacxgymcapoeira come to my site for real self defense capoeira. My blogspot http://atacxgymcapoeira.blogspot.com/draws on historical and scholarly documentation to reveal truths like the true name of Capoeira, how Capoeira transformed from a fighting style to a useless dance, how ASSASSIN'S CREED, Parkour and Free Running was preceded by and took their inspiration from Capoeira, and more.
Category
Howto & Style
License
Standard YouTube License


AND AT $36.00, IT'S A STEAL.





No comments:

Post a Comment