Thursday, April 10, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. HILL!!!


HI FAMILY!!!

I would like to introduce you to someone. Guys, this is Sean Hill.



Sean Hill is an actor and as you can see, an amazing poet. Sean gives readings across the Los Angeles area and has been known to appear in a Hollywood production or two.

He's also part of an AMAZING band called THE KI, which is how I met him.

FROM THEIR WEBSITE www.thekiconnection.com:TheKI is an ensemble that fuses pop, jazz and electronic music with modern and ancient wisdom. With Roxie Sakura as the lead singer, theKI features conservatory-trained members who have performed with world-class artists such as Stevie Wonder and John Legend, along with spoken word artist Sean Raymond Hill. "KI" stands for "energy" in Japanese; theKI combines beautiful instrumental arrangements with digital grooves to create movement, dance, and transformative moments of inner reflection. By making darkness conscious, as Carl Jung wrote, theKI exists to expand this awareness by first inspiring and empowering the individual.

This is my FAVORITE song from THE KI:

----------------CLICK HERE TO WATCH----------------

Anyway, today is Sean's birthday, and he has a challenge for us.

If everyone wants to...for my birthday one thing I would love is to have everyone write a poem about their ideal world, their ideal self, and what one day in their world looks and feels like. Then to upload yourself saying that poem onto YouTube. If you're camera shy, put the camera on a stuffed animal, picture or item you think best fits with your poem.

Please, no comparison or judgement of your poetry...you have beautiful ideas and an imagination that is as infinite as the stars, so please remember that as you write...just share the honest truth of your perfect world in your vision the only way you can possibly say it...with your own words. They are always enough. Believe in them to be.

I would seriously love it and still use it for you know what....but its bigger than that. It's some birthday world peace, inner peace, manifesting, affirmation, fun self expression, rhyming or not, monologue or not, silly or deep type poetry of yourself.

Something different right...?

It would literally mean worlds to me.

Still planning hangouts at parks/beaches this weekend and next week, so keep a lookout and I love you guys.

Almost too busy to celebrate being alive....awkward. .

You all are great friends and I thank you for being there, so much more than words will say, but almost as much as a hug will when I see you next. I will seriously do my best to see as many of you that I can this week, next and into next month if I have to.

I do my best to appreciate every connection to someone, and thank you all for sharing whatever connection we have ever made, and continue to make.

Infinite love to you.


Well Sean, the thing is, I can't take that challenge. I don't have the capability to make a You Tube video. And besides, poetry's just not my thing.

But I am posting this blog for you, because I write blogs.

That's what I do.

There's not gonna be any pretty little rhyming words talking about my version of some perfect, or ideal world... because there's NO such thing. And to me, the fact that there's no such thing, is part of what's beautiful about living in THIS world.

But what I AM gonna do, is show you these 2 videos.

1st video: I watch this whenever I need a reminder that when things don't go our way, (and they CAN'T go your way ALL THE TIME), YOU are the one who is in the position to change what's going wrong with your life, and make your life better.

And hopefully, the lives of everyone around you.





Uploaded on Dec 14, 2007
There's a quotation which BEST suits to this video - "Be the change that you want to see in this world." Must watch video and it teaches us that we should not always have to wait for others or things to happen of their own . Com'on get up and get going, and rock this world
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License


O.K., 2nd video:

It's a very popular and "PC" I guess, to say things like, "WE ARE ALL CONNECTED", "EVERYTHING IS CONNECTED", etc. but we don't really see the truth in those words.

Well, we do now.

we human beings, and ALL other forms of life on this planet have a very DEEP connection to each other, and in this video, we have a photographer named Richard Rinaldi demonstrating that fact over, and over again with his photographs.



Published on Aug 3, 2013
CBS News video: On the Road: Photographer proves strangers are friends you haven t met yet - As part of our continuing series On the Road, Steve Hartman meets a New York photographer who asks strangers on the street to pose as though they re couples, friends or family.
Category
News & Politics
License
Standard YouTube License

To learn more about Richard Renaldi, please go to his web site at www.renaldi.com


Now this story may or may not be a true story, but the fact is things like those videos I posted, happen everyday.

When we say, "THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT WORLD", we tend to think of images of war, poverty, violent crime, corruption, etc. and yes, those things happen everyday too... I guess what I'm trying is, if you want an ideal life, an ideal self, well... look at the picture.





In other words, MAKE an Ideal life for yourself, and make the world around you a better world. And speaking of making a better world around you...




I TRULY WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU GUYS.



Now Mr. Hill, I know that after all those little video clips, you don't wanna be reading any long, deep, inspirational type stories right now...

Well TOO BAD. We don't get all what we want, even on our birthday.

This story was on my FB newsfeed a while back, and I thought it was amazing, so I'm sharing it here.

A nurse took the tired, anxious serviceman to the bedside. “Your son is here,” she said to the old man. She had to repeat the words several times before the patient’s eyes opened.

Heavily sedated because of the pain of his heart attack, he dimly saw the young uniformed Marine standing outside the oxygen tent. He reached out his hand. The Marine wrapped his toughened fingers around the old man’s limp ones, squeezing a message of love and encouragement.

The nurse brought a chair so that the Marine could sit beside the bed. All through the night the young Marine sat there in the poorly lighted ward, holding the old man’s hand and offering him words of love and strength. Occasionally, the nurse suggested that the Marine move away and rest awhile. He refused.

Whenever the nurse came into the ward, the Marine was oblivious of her and of the night noises of the hospital - the clanking of the oxygen tank, the laughter of the night staff members exchanging greetings, the cries and moans of the other patients. Now and then she heard him say a few gentle words. The dying man said nothing, only held tightly to his son all through the night.

Along towards dawn, the old man died. The Marine released the now lifeless hand he had been holding and went to tell the nurse. While she did what she had to do, he waited.

Finally, she returned. She started to offer words of sympathy, but the Marine interrupted her, “Who was that man?” he asked.

The nurse was startled, “He was your father,” she answered.

“No, he wasn't,” the Marine replied. “I never saw him before in my life.”

“Then why didn't you say something when I took you to him?”

“I knew right away there had been a mistake, but I also knew he needed his son, and his son just wasn't here. When I realized that he was too sick to tell whether or not I was his son, knowing how much he needed me, I stayed. I came here tonight to find a Mr. William Grey. His Son was killed in Iraq today, and I was sent to inform him. What was this Gentleman’s Name? “

The nurse with tears in her eyes answered, “Mr. William Grey………”

The next time someone needs you… just be there.


And Sean, these kind of things happen EVERYDAY too.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY SEAN!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment