Monday, February 2, 2015

HAPPY MONDAY!!!




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

DEAR DIARY:

Well, once again, here's an account of my weekend... Not too exciting, but hey, I lived it, and now, I'm sharing it. Since there was no capoeira class at AGAPE due to a memorial they were having, I went down to Santa Monica pier and got in a workout over there.

Here's some photos I took after my workout...



And speaking or workout, check these guys Out! I always watch thier performasnce whenever I go out to the Venice Beach/Santa Monica area...



And here's a profgile of their leader, Raymond Bartlette...



Anyway, if any of you out there is in the area, check out their show! You will be AMAZED, I promise you.

Oh, and don't forget to leave a tip.

Now, after my workout in Santa Monica, I went out to East Hollywood, to a nice little coffee shop called Sabor Y Cultura!



I went there, because I heard a lady was singing there that night. A Lady, named RACHEL OTO.



I heard her sing before a couple of weeks ago at an event she helps put on there called FREEDOM OF SPEECH THURSDAYS. She only sang a couple of songs there, so when I heard she was doing a whole set, I couldn't pass up the chance.

Small in stature, but HUGE in talent, Rachel gave us about a hour of beautiful music.

From her soul to our hearts, The music was OFF THE CHAIN, to say the least. And with her family & friends there to support her, it was a night of love, and wonderful energy.

Anyway, here's a small taste of what we got to hear last Saturday...



Well, I will be blogging more about her, and her friends at FREEDOM OF SPEECH THURSDAYS in the future, but for now, if you want to know more about Rachel and her songs, here's her info below:



Well, that was my SATURDAY, let me tell you what my SUNDAY was like. But first, this message from Humanity's Team.





HUMANITY'S TEAM


We are aware of the imagined limitations that are continually imposed upon the collective. However, there are those like yourself who are moving through these limitations recognizing they are just false beliefs that have been handed down from generation to generation.

This is a time of great and wonderful change in what was once a mystery and is now being understood. When you honor your magnificence, when you stretch the imagined boundaries of you are and recognize what you can create or call forth, you truly begin to realize that you are powerful beyond measure.


Somos conscientes de las limitaciones imaginarias que se imponen continuamente en lo colectivo. Sin embargo, hay personas como tu, que se están moviendo a través de estas limitaciones, reconociendo que son sólo falsas creencias que se han transmitido de generación en generación.

Este es un momento de grandes y maravillosos cambios en lo que antes era un misterio y ahora es comprendido. Cuando honras tu magnificencia, cuando extiendes tus límites imaginarios y reconoces lo que puedes crear o traer a la realidad, es cuando realmente comienzas a darte cuenta que eres poderoso sin medida

--Label it a Miracle by Peggy Black and the ‘team’. Subscribe here.
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER






O.K., SUNDAY Morning, I went out to Griffith Park to get in some Capoeira training. I usually get lessons from charles in the part of the park on the way to the observatory. Here he is, playing on top of the mountain...



But since Charles wasn't there that day, I trained in a different part of the park, over by the Ranger Park Office.





And yes, despite how I look in this picture, I AM a morning person...



This is 2 shots of the tree I used to practice my Handstands and backbends... do you see the little woodpecker on the trunk? There was a squirrel there too, but he kept moving away from me, so I couldn't get a picture of him...



Yep, nature. There's nothing like it.



Anyway, here's anothe clip of charles playing capoeira in the park again. I admit I'm nowhere near that good, but I will strive to improve myself.



After practice, I went downtown, before heading into LITTLE TOKYO.

Here's a shot of the Parker center...



And here we are in the Japanese Village Plaza.



And there's the frying fish restaurant. Charles introduced me and a couple of friends to this place last month. But I didn't eat there that day, because rent was due, and I had little spending options, so I had to eat somewhere else. But I will eat there this Sunday...



Anyway, after I ate, I noticed a lot of people were going across the street by the museum, so I went over there to see what was happening, and I saw this:



It was pretty nice. There was a lot of nice art, and some nice books, and as you can see, as live band.

Well, I stayed here for a little while, I ran into a friend of mine, and then I went home and watched the Super Bowl.









Well, that was my weekend. I hope Y'all liked reading it, because I sure liked living it.

And Now, as always, I'm gonna end this blog with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world.


------------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT------------















We can let go of the distorted images we identify with.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment