Monday, February 9, 2015

HAPPY MONDAY!!!




Today is my day to paint life in bold colors.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie





GOOD EVENING, FAM!!!

DEAR DIARY:

It's time. Time for me to tell y'all about another amazing weekend I had!

After my morning capoeira class at the AGAPE Center in Culver City, (Thanks again Ian, class was great!) I went directly to the city of Cypress in the OC for COLOUR MY ENERGY.

Here's some pictures I took of my journey over there:



I'll tell you about the event in a minute, but first, I wanna give a shout out to this wonderful lady.



Her name is Denise Estrada, and she gave me a couple of Acupuncture treatments that cured me of some pain I've been having for a long time in my right knee, and in my lower back (Well, the pain in my back did come back after a day and a half, but she DID say that it would take a few treatments to eradicate that pain) Anyway, thank you so much Denise, and I'm looking forward to looking you up and maybe get some more treatments in the future.

If you want to know more about Denise and what she does, Here's her card:



Now, back to COLOUR MY ENERGY...

Now, a description of this event would not be complete without my friends Jackie



And Michael



Getting to see them again is one of the main reasons I come back every month. Below are some pictures of an impromptu origami class Jackie taught between performances...



She ws teaching us how to make hearts. The one below is the one I made.



Here below, are pictures I took of most of the performers. I'm sorry I didn't get you all, but I promise I'll try to get all of you next month.

Hopefully, with a better camera.



Now I HATE the fact that I always have to leave before the party really gets going, but here's a video of what usually goes on at COLOUR MY ENERGY...



And here's some photos I took of my long, journey home.



Once again, I thank Chellina "lightcoach" Myers, and Peace Hutchinson for creating this wonderful event where artists from all walks of life can come together, and show their craft.

You two are truly an inspiration.



Well, that was my Saturday. I'll tell you about my Sunday, after this message from HUMANITY'S TEAM.





HUMANITY'S TEAM


What is the most burning desire in your life right now? What would you love to accomplish or acquire? As soon as you gain complete clarity on this, then the universe will move things forward to make it ppen. Until you have clarity and are committed to achieving your true purpose in life there will continue to be challenges and drifting within your life.

How do you discover this burning desire? If you haven’t already discovered it, most likely it is because you have been looking outside yourself. Instead, look deeply into your heart. Be willing to be with and not judge the scary and undesirable things you may still find there. Instead, simply feel the love the heart holds. Feel its connection with the wisdom of the universe. As you deeply connect with your heart listen for the voices that urge you in the direction of your purpose. You will know when the pure essence of your being becomes clear. Trust your heart and commit to moving forward in the direction it encourages you to pursue.

--Ted MurrayP.S. Be sure to check out the exciting conference calls coming up in the next few weeks here: http://www.humanitysteam.org/upcoming-events


French Translation

Quel est actuellement votre désir le plus vif? Qu’est-ce que vous aimeriez accomplir ou acquérir? Dès que vous aurez une idée absolument claire sur ce sujet, l’univers mettra en place ce qui est nécessaire à sa réalisation. Bien que vous soyez clair et déterminé à accomplir votre mission de vie, des difficultés et des dérives continueront à se présenter dans votre vie.

Comment découvrir ce désir ardent? Si vous ne l’avez pas encore découvert, c’est probablement parce que vous regardez à l’extérieur de vous-même. Sondez plutôt votre cœur. Soyez prêt à voir et ne jugez pas ce que vous pourriez y trouver d’effrayant ou d’indésirable. Ressentez plutôt simplement l’amour que recèle votre cœur.

Percevez sa connexion avec la sagesse de l’univers. Tout en connectant profondément avec votre cœur, écoutez les voix qui vous poussent dans la direction de votre mission de vie. Vous saurez quand l’essence pure de votre être deviendra claire. Faites confiance à votre cœur et engagez-vous à avancer dans la direction qu’il vous encourage à prendre.

Pour découvrir plus de textes en français: http://www.humanitysteam.fr/
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER






Now for my Sunday. First of all, let me ask you guys a question.

GUESS WHO'S BACK IN THE PARK!?



That's right y'all, Charles is back in business, and was teaching capoeira. It was just me & him this time, but I'm sure there'll be more people there next week.

he was taught me a lesson on howto play a berimbau. I think I got the ANGOLA Rhythm down...



But getting it down, AND singing at the same time? That's gonna have to take a little more work.

Of course, after the music lession, there were lessons in Capoeira Angola movement. If you want to know more about what he taught, then scroll down to the end of this blog, read the info, and come to class.

Here's Charles at a demonstration & class we did at Macarthur Park near Downtown L.A.



Anyway, after class, I went down to little Tokyo to my new favorite sushi restaurant, THE FRYING FISH, which has become my favorite sushi restaurant.



Yes, it was a perfect way to end a beautiful Sunday.

Well, that was my weekend. Let's see what life has in store for me this week.

















Oh, I forgot. At COLOUR MY ENERGY, Jackie made these little paper hearts with these little messages, and gave them out to us.



Here's what mine said:



See you next month, Jackie.



Now, I'm gonna end this blog with my teacher playing some capoeira on the mountain, with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world, playing in the background.





If any of you out there are interested in learning Capoeira, Mr williams teaches at THE AGAPE CENTER @ 5700 Buckingham Parkway Culver City, CA 90230 on Saturday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30, and on Sundays, he teaches at Griffith Park, across the street from the golf course, near the Greek Theatre, on Vermont Canyon Road going up towards the Observatory.

Come join us!

















If we are not attached to our beliefs and a better concept comes to us, we can let go of the old concept, adopt the new concept, and improve our life much faster.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment