Saturday, August 2, 2014

A Superstar Saturday






Amidst the sea of faces, one stood out- that of the superstar destined for greatness not because of some strange alignment of the stars, but because of all that made him who he was.

I told you guys that whenever I go out to Hollywood, I go to that big outdoor mall at HOLLYWOOD & HIGHLAND, buy a Cookies and Cream smoothie at D'Lush, take a long look at the Hollywood sign, and I pray.



So, why do I pray there, and NOT at a church, like SANE people? Well, because unlike a church, where people come because they feel they HAVE to, at Hollywood & Highland, I'm surrounded by people who actually WANT to be there, for whatever reason. And also, because HOLLYWOOD is THE place where many people from all over the world come to make their dreams come true. Their dreams to become SUPERSTARS.
,br> But... What is a Superstar?

Well, I define a superstar as: one who is unique and beautiful both inside and out; Someone who has invoked the Light of God on behalf of our sisters and brothers in the Family of Humanity.

In all the times I've been in the Hollywood area, I've never met any "famous celebrities". But I have met some SUPERSTARS.

And last Saturday, I met a lot of superstars.

I met this lady performing on Hollywood & Highland, only a few feet away from where I first met THIS SUPERSTAR, about 3 years ago.



Her name is SASHA MARI, and you can find her on FACEBOOK.



Now, on to the Santa Monica Promenade...



O.K., Guys, say hello to AMY MAY.



Now I posted about this amazing performer MANY TIMES BEFORE. She is one of the 3 main performers I go out to see on the promenade. If I don't see at least 1 of them there, I feel like I WASTED my trip to Santa Monica.

A trip that takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours to make.

But there she was, singing tunes, and wowing us with her voice and her presence...



This is a video of my favorite song she wrote, called REAL.



This song was featured in the show, "One Tree Hill".

She regularly performs at the 3rd street promenade in Santa Monica, usually on the weekends, so if you happen to be out in the area, be sure to check her out.

If you want to know more about Amy May annd her music, check out her website, www.amymaymusic.com

You can also buy her music here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/the-grace-sessions/id487495289



Now lately, I've been checking out these guys out.

The guy on the guitar is Imani, and the guy sitting down on percussion is Chris Lightfoot.



Now Imani, along with his older sister NAIA KETE, is another performer that I come down to the promenade SPECIFICALLY to see. They do covers and some great REGGAE Songs.

Now this is someone I've never seen on the Promenade before.



Her name is Lisa Haagen, and as you can see below, she's very good with a guitar, and has a great voice.



You can find her on FACEBOOK, and You can get her first full length studio album "With Honey" on i-tunes now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/with-honey/id692171487



Now I went to the Promenade that day to see a particular performer, but I didn't see her. So, after I saw Lisa perform, I left the promenade and went to he KATHMANDU BOUTIQUE, which is a special store that I blogged about before.

CLICK HERE TO READ WHAT I WROTE.

They had a screening of a documentary called "ONE TRACK HEART: THE STORY OF KRISHNA DAS"

Here's the trailer:



And here's one of his albums:



After the screening, I went back to the Promenade, where I saw Amy May again:



This is another songs of her I like very much:



After I watched Amy perform the second time, I ran into the person I went there to see.

Guys, meet Chinatsu Osa:



She sings amazing opera songs on the Promenade. Her voice is amazing, and she's a wonderful person.



Anyway, If you happen to be out on the Promenade and see her performing, be sure to stop by, and check her out.

Oh, and leave a tip.





Now family, last but certasinly not least, is this wonderful performer.




Her name is KAILA SHAW, and you can find her on FACEBOOK, and you can check her out on SOUNDCLOUD.



Well, that was my SUPERSTAR SATURDAY. What will this Saturday have in store for me? Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment