Saturday, September 13, 2014

HAPPY SATURDAY!!! Part 2




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

Last Sunday, I went to the GRIFFITH PARK OBSERVATORY in Los Angeles. Of course, I tried to go there twice, but I got easily sidetracked by the beauty of GRIFFITH PARK itself.

If you can take some time to go hiking on some of the trails, you should.



And for me, this place, in the middle of nautre (Well as close to nature as you can get in a large city, anyway) is a wonderful place to practice my Silat.

And for about a half an hour, I was Practicing my Silat Juru-Juru and footwork, when I looked across the road, and saw this guy:



His name is Charles Williams. He's a Capoeira teacher.





Not only is he a capoeira teacher, He's also an amazing poet. check it out:



Anyway, he gave me an impromptu capoeira lession, a very important one: Playing the instruments. we played the PANDEIRO, the AGOGO BELL, the chekere, and the most important instruent, the BERIMBAU.

After the short lesson, we talked, and after that, I left him to practice, and I took the Observatory Shuttle to the Observatory.



From here, I got a spectacular view of the city below...



Now guys, say hello to my new friends, ALEX, BARBORA, and MEKI.



Alex is from Russia(Moscow, to be precise), and Barbora and Meki are from the Czech Republic, outside of Prague. They told me that they came here to the U.S. to work for the summer, and no that their work's done, they were doing the tourist thing, seeing the landmarks, etc.

Well my friends, it was nice to meet you, and I hope you get back out here to L.A. some day.



Let's end this blog with Charles again, playing Capoeira, with the most beautiful song in the world...



No comments:

Post a Comment