Saturday, September 13, 2014

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

A couple of years ago, I blogged about a very special restaurant called VARDO.

-----CLICK HERE TO READ WHAT I WROTE-----

Well, Vardo is gone now, but like a phoenix, a new wonderful restaurant has risen in it's place.

And it's called, THE ANCHOR.



Now Laeater.com has made a small review of the place...

-----CLICK HERE TO READ THE REVIEW-----

But today, I'm gonna add my input, since I've been there and sampled one of those wonderful meals.

I went there last saturday on the recomendation of my friend, Julie Jewels Bertrand.



She was there the night they first opened, and she gave them a positive review on YELP, and shared it on her Facebook page. And when I expressed interest in going down there, Sandy Ames, one of the owners, invited me to come on down, and have a peanut butter stout on her!

Well, I gotta admit that it was an offer I couldn't refuse (even though I LOATHE alcohol), So, I decided to come on down. I asked Julie if she would like to join me, but she said she was traveling most of this month, and suggested we go in october (I know you're gonna be reading this Julie, so I hope you know I'm still gonna hold you to that).

So, imagine my TOTAL SUPRISE when walk in to the Anchor, and I hear Julie calling my name! She was home for a brief moment before flying back out to wherever she was off to next, and wanted to spend a day in venice with her friends.

After exchanging pleasantries, Julie formally introduced me to Sandy Ames:



And yes, she is as nice as she is beautiful.

But Anyway, Sandy recommended their chicken and waffles to go with that peanut butter stout, and I took her advice.

Now I admit I was skeptical when I got the chicken and Waffles, because it looked a lot different than any normal chicken and waffles plate I've ever seen. You see, they actually used the waffle batter to fry the chicken in, and dipped it all in maple cream. I guess the good people at the Anchor decided, "FUCK NORMAL, WE'RE DOING SOMETHING UNIQUE!!!"

But, the dish was DELICIOUS!!! And not only that, Sandy told me that they only serve about 15 or so chicken and waffles on any given night, and when they're gone, they're gone!

Now te Peanut Butter stout on the other hand... Well, I LOVE peanut butter, so I loved the taste, but on the other hand, like I said before, I LOATHE alcohol, so the beer taste in it made me want to gag. I think next time I go there, I'm gonna see if they have juice or soda.

Well, me, Julie, and Sandy spent the next hour or so talking, and basically, "jus chillin"

But all in all The anchor's a great place, with great food, a great selections of wines and alcoholic beverages (If you're IN to that sort of thhing), and wonderful vibes.

Oh, and let me give a shout out to my server, Jamie (People call her "James" for some reason)



Thank You for serving me that night!

So, if you're out in venice beach and want to go to a cool restaurant with incredible food, impeccable service(Thanks again James!), and a wonderful family-like vibe that I for one have never seen before in a restaurant like this, then you might want to consider making The Anchor a part of your itinerary. They're at 235 Main St Los Angeles, CA 90291 by Venice Beach, and They're open from 5:30 p.m. to !2:30 a.m. everyday (I think).

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your time at The Anchor John. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete