Saturday, January 17, 2015

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

DEAR DIARY:

Well, here we are at the start of a brand new weekend, and I didn't write a blog post in like a week. You know, I'm grateful that there's a lot of work at my temp job right now, but damn man! I need a break. My supervisor thought so too, because he didn't come in today...

Well, I hope this weekend is beautiful and restful. It certainly has gotten off to a good start. My last weekend got off to a good start too...

About a week ago on Jan.8th, I went out to downtown L.A. for the Artwalk.



Here's some photos I took while there:



After the artwalk, I went out to hollywood and had one of the best nights I had in a long time. I'll tell you all about it in a minute, but first, check out this message from HUMANITY'S TEAM.





HUMANITY'S TEAM


Before we came into this world we co-created a divine plan for our life.

Time to press on now toward our divine destiny knowing God’s wind is at our back.

~

Antes de llegar a este mundo co -creamos un plan divino para nuestra vida.

Es tiempo de enfocarnos en nuestro destino divino sabiendo que está respaldado por Dios

--Steve Farrell
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER






O.K., if you read this blog, then you know that my friend and teacher Charles Williams is a skilled Capoeirista:



And, for you ladies out there, I bet this is something your man can't do...




Anyway, he's also the creator and host of an event called,



basically, Freedom of Speech Thursdays is an Artistic Collective for poets, musicians, lyricists, singers, etc. to come on out and show their talents, and it happens every Thursday night at a place called Sabor y Cultura, on Hollywood & Gramercy.

I've been meaning to go check it out for a long time now, and about a week ago, I FINALLY got my chance.



Now this video was taken a while back, but the guy on the video did perform while I was there. And he wasn't alone. The place was packed with musicians, comedians, poets, even a resident magician! Artists of all stripes, displaying their talents, and showing their fellow artists and the public what they can do.

Here's some photos I took of just a few of them:




Now, you remember these guys?



If you don't, CLICK HERE TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY.

Well I didn't know it at the time, not only do they help Charles organize the event, they also perform there. Check it out:











Now when I was there, I only saw Rachel and Tran Se performed...



All in all, it was a very good night, and a perfect intro into what was promising to be a very good weekend, despite the rain. Too bad somebody had to fuck it up with work...

As soon as I finish typing this, I'm gonna get ready to go to AGAPE for my capoeira class, and then... let's see where the universe takes me.

For more info about this event, check out their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FreedomOfSpeechThursdays







Now, I'm gonna end this blog with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world.


------------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT------------















We are so attached to what we believe that we don't want to let go of our beliefs even if these beliefs are not true at all.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment