Tuesday, January 6, 2015

IT WAS A GREAT 1ST SATURDAY!!!






GOOD AFTERNOON!!!

With all the time I have on my hands right now, I thought I'd tell y'all about the amazing 1st saturday of 2015 I had!

So, I woke up, took a shower, and went to my capoeira class at AGAPE. I can't take any photos there, but here's a video of what classes there are usually like:



After class, I planned to go to the CAPOEIRA EXCHANGE PART 3: NEW YEAR EDITION, which was held at the union station in Downtown L.A.

The capoeira Exchange is an event organized by Saracuru and Muito Tempo, which purpose is to share and exchange capoeira for teachers and students to promote community growth.,br>
Here's a video from last year's event:



And so it was that My teacher charles, My classmate Ian, and myself left for Union Station. On the way, we picked up Ian's girlfriend Sofia in Koreatown, and we went to Little Tokyo for lunch at Charles's favorite sushi restaurant. It wasn't too little pricey, and the food was delicious! Next time I go by little tokyo, I plan to eat there again.



I left before the others to go to the event. I could have just gone straight up Alameda to the union station, but I decided to take the scenic route...



And here we are. I heard the Berimbaus right after I crossed the street.



And thank god somebody took videos!!! I wasn't there to see it, but Here's Jelani Ticum Lateef, singing at the beginning of this event:



Here's a few pictures I took at the event. they had about 4 different rodas set up, one for beginners, one for intermediate, one for the advanced (Professores, Mestres, etc.) and one for children.



And, here's some roda action on video:



It was fun while it lasted. When the event was over, Ian and Sophia took the metro back home, Charles dropped me off at the metro station, and I went to the OC for the COLOUR MY ENERGY: NEW YEAR'S FEST.

So, what is Colour my Energy? Well, watch this short video about it:



Now, I'm not gonna bore you with the many delays with the train and bus I had getting out there, but I will say that because of those delays, it took much longer to get there than it shouls have, which means I don't have too many pictures of this event.



But it was great seeing old faces like oliver(I think that's his name) and Michael Occino...



And It was wonderful seeing Jackie Jones again, and meeting her Mom Suzy(I think that's her name). I hope she comes next month...



You never know who you run into at this event! These are my friends Luis Narino of the NOBLE CREATURES, and My friend Sean Hill of THE KI, who both performed at the event:



Now this lady I met waiting in the line at the bathroom. to pass the time, we played a little game of naming the states of our great nation. It was loads of fun. She was there to sell her handcrafts. Because it was after dark, these pictures didn't come out so well...



Guys, say hi to Amber, Dancer, Mom, and fortune teller extraordinare.



She gave me a reading about a certain idea I had about this event, and I got a positive response, I'm gonna go for it.

Once again, I would like to thank PEACE HUTCHINGSON,



And CHELLINA LIGHTCOACH MYERS, for putting on this wonderful event, and hopefully, I'll see y'all next month!











No comments:

Post a Comment