Tuesday, January 27, 2015

MY AMAZING WEEKEND!!!




Well, it wasn't THAT amazing, but I'll tel you about it. Saturday Morning, there was capoeira class at AGAPE. Charles didn't teach the class, because he's in NEW YORK taking care of his mother, so our friends and fellow Capoeiristas Ian and Tope filled in while Charles is away.

Ian is the handsome guy playing with Charles in this video video (Sorry ladies, but he has a girlfriend)...



And Tope is Somewhere in this picture...



Anyway, since there were a lot of new people in this class, we stuck with the basics: Ginga, Negativa, and Meia Lua. (If you wanna know what they are, come to a class sometime!)

And, there was a little Rodinha at the end where we all got to play each other with the new skills we were working on. It was a wonderful class, And I'm looking forward to seeing them again this Saturday. (And I also hope I see them after Charles gets back).

After class, I had lunch at WESTFIELD MALL, then a short bus ride to Venice Beach.

Now I like this part of the beach more than the other side, because this is an actual beach, with a totally different feel than the part where most tourists go to.



Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like the more famous side of the beach...



And from there, on to the Santa Monica Promenade. They had some decent performers there that day. Here's a couple of my favorites...



Now ladies and Gentelmen, say hello to Cyndi. Cyndi Mas Love (phonetic Spelling)
She's gonna be on AMERICAN IDOL this week in the San Francisco segment, so be sure to check her out!



Well, that was my Saturday, so here comes my Sunday...


You know, it's funny how sometimes, life can throw a RASTEIRA and knock you on your ass when you least expect it...

Whenever Charles is not teaching in the park, I usually go to the other side of griffith Park by the zoo and get my workout on...



But last Sunday, just as the bus was entering the park, I learned that the bus wasn't going in the park at all, and was detouring directly to burbank because somebody they were having a marathon or something.

However, it's not how many times life knocks you down, it's how many times you get back up, and keep moving forward...



O.K., the video's a bit over dramatic for this particular blog, but I think you get the idea...

Anyway, some people were royally pissed, but I took it as an opportunity to visit Burbank for the 1st time in my life... It seems like a nice city. Here's some pictures I took from the Train/Bus station there:



And after my trip to burbank, I went to the side of the park by the Greek Theater, and did my Capoeira practice right next to the theater...



And, it was nice to see the volleyball players back in the park...



And I found a few new places to shop and eat in Koreatown. check out the pictures I took of Vermont/Beverly Station. I love how they give the different Stations their own look and flavor... I think I'm gonna blog about that!



Well, that was my weekend. It wasn't spectacular, but hey, I enjoyed it.







No comments:

Post a Comment