Tuesday, November 4, 2014

HAPPY TUESDAY!!!




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

DEAR DIARY: Well, as promised, here's my account of my Amazing Weekend!!!

On SATURDAY, I went out to the city of Cypress, on the edge of Orange County, to attend this special event:



I'll let this little promo video tell you what COLOUR MY ENERGY is about:



The event is run and hosted by two amazing souls,

Peace Huchinson



And Chellina "Lightcoach" Myers. Now the guy in the picture with her is named Reggie Agee, aka "GRINZY".. He makes and sells some amazing art he creates out of old vinyl records. As you can see on his card below, his company is called HOUSE OF HOOLIGANS.



And speaking of amazing artists... Guys, this is Kelly Lanpier.



Let me tell you a little bit about her. Or rather, let her tell you.

My name is Kelly Lanphier and I am passionately interested in outer space and the ocean. I just graduated from high school, and I volunteer at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach where I serve as an Education Volunteer to teach the public about our mystical, yet highly threatened marine life. My hopes are to implant a new perspective of respect and wonder for our oceans through my art. All of my paintings are both transparent, displaying different colors in light, and GLOW IN THE DARK. The transparency symbolizes endangered ocean life being exposed in the limelight, and The GLOW IN THE DARK symbolizes my aspiration for this. I gladly take custom orders for paintings :)

I didn't take any pictures of her work because frankly, no picture can do it any justice. You just have to see them for yourself.

Anyway, her info is below:



If you want to own some MINDBLOWING art, give her a call. Now, let me introduce you to a couple of amazing healers... Well, one of them, anyway.



The guy on the left is Dr. Stewart Edrich, and I believe the woman on the right is Elizabeth Serra (But don't quote me on that because I'm not sure)

They run Holistic Health Solutions, which provides holistic health solutions such as chiropractic care, acupressure, homeopathic and herbal therapy to Los Alamitos, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Orange County and the Southern California area since 1992.

At their booth, they were demonstrating a healing modality called APPLIED KINESIOLOGY on someone before I talked to them. When I got to talk to them, I told them about my constant knee pain, and they put some magnetic patches on my knee, and on 2 accupressure points on my foot, and my pain was gone! The pain returned when they took them off, but it wasn't as intense as before. In fact, it wasn't really intense at all.



Here's their information if you want to check them out:



And they have a You Tube Channel:

DR STEWART EDRICH'S YOU TUBE CHANNEL

Anyway, after a little while, the performances began.

Here, Chelinna is using a tibetan singing bowl, and with a guy named Steve, guided us through a 10 minute (more or less) meditation.



But before that, steve was telling us about the danger of GMO's, and a movie he watched called GMO, OMG. Check out the trailer below:



If you want to watch the whole movie, click on the link below, and pay $2.99:

----------GMO OMG----------

He was also selling some healthy shakes... I wish I got some info about those shakes so I could share it with you. Well, maybe next month...

Anyway, after Steve, Michael was up!



That's right y'all, Michael was back from last month, and he had another interesting game for us. This particular game was called "SOLDIER".



Basically, it went like this: Michael and the others were to stand there motionless, while Chellina and the girl tried to get them to laugh. If anyone cracked up, they were out.

It started out a little awkward, but after a few minutes, we were having a ball!



After Michael, Jackie Jones was up. Oh Jackie...



She was so inspired by last month's performances, she decided to perform this month. She performed a couple of songs that came from her heart and soul. I liked them very much, and I hope she performs next month.



These next pictures are pictures I took of other performers, and wonderful people I met that I met that day. You all have a special place in my heart now, and I hope I see you there next month!



And don't think I forgot about you, TELL DOUBLE FAN !!!



All I'm gonna say about you is, after your performance, I became a new fan.


And now, I wanna give a shout out to Stella, Owner of STELLA LUNA YOGA, where this special event is held.



Stella, Thank You so much for opening your doors, and allowing us to come together and express ourselves. YOU ROCK!!!

And to my 2 new buddies Michael and Jackie...



I really wish I could have been able to stay a little while longer with you guys. I know I missed something special, because you know somethging AWESOME is about to happen when you see somebody dressed in a toga!

But anyway, See you next month!!!





HUMANITY'S TEAM: AWAKENING THE WORLD TO ONENESS


Who Are the Meek?

The meek are the egoless.

They are those who have awakened to their essential true nature as consciousness and recognize that essence in all "others," all life-forms.

They live in the surrendered state and so feel their oneness with the whole and the Source.


Quienes son los de Espiritu Sereno?

Los de Espiritu Sereno son aquillos sin ego.

Aquellos que se han despertado a su verdadera naturaleza esencial de consciencia y reconocen esa esencia en todos los demas, en todos los seres vivos.

Viven en un estado de desapego y sienten su union con el Todo y con la Fuente.

--A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER






Now for SUNDAY... If it's one lesson that I learned from Charles and THE CAPOEIRA COLLECTIVE it's that the glue that holds Capoeira together is community. Community is important because it brings people together to share and build with each another.



And in that spirit, last Sunday, The Capoeira Collective, in accordance with RAC (Revolutionary Autonomous Communities) have humbly volunteered to help feed the people of the MacArthur Park community fresh organic food, and to demonstrate Capoeira. from noon to a little after 2, we did a demo for the community.

And after that, we helped RAC get some food together to give out to the community. So, What is RAC?

Well, this is from their facebook Page:

We support community in movement to inspire a local/global network of revolutionary autonomous communities through action, mutual aid programs, worker alternatives, educational skill shares, access to community health resources, access to legal resources, access to housing, as well as social media.

Here's a video that describes more of what they do:



RAC's food program is from 10a-5p every Sunday, and is located on the SW corner of Wilshire Blvd and Park View Street (668 Park View St., Los Angeles, CA). RAC has been servicing the LA community for seven years, and their food program is a way to work with supporters and organizations to feed healthy food to the community.



Now I got there a little early, so I took the oppurtunity to take some pictures of the park before Charles came.



Then, after I took those pictures, and read a little bit, Charles arrived, so we set up the instruments, and started playing them. While we were setting up, I noticed that right next to us, someone else was setting something up. We learned later that they were getting ready for a ritual that they were going to do later that night in honor of el Dia de Los Muertos. And also while we were playing, a nice little old lady walked up to us and gave us a small sandwich and a cup of Arroz con Leche (Rice with Milk).



There was a dead duck next to the tree we were using as shade, so while we were playing, the people setting up the altar buried it, and arrabged those flowers over the grave.



Around 12:00, everybody else came by, and the demo/class was under way. I wish I knew everybody's names so I can shout you all out, but I guess I'll learn them when you come to class in the park.

So, here's some pictures of us playing...



Now the guy to the left of me playing the berimau wasn't a Capoeira student. He's actually a guitar player who came to watch us, and became very intrigued with the berimbau, and was amazed that you could get so many different sounds from just 1 string... So since this was a class as well as a demo, our fellow capoeira student Ian showed him how to play it, and well, he became part of the roda! I hope we see him again.



Guess what? Thanks to the fact that Charles now has a tablet, we have videos of our demo/class!











This one's my favorite...



And here we are, playing around and relaxing after the demo...



Me holding the berimbau... I feel a huge rush when I'm playing it, even though I still hit my fingers instead of the string sometimes...



Now after the demo/class, we went over to help put food together to give out later:



Now after a while, I had to go to the bathroom, but it was way over on the other side of the park! However, I used the time to take some more pictures of the park. MacArthur Park really is a very beautiful place, and I'm gonna have to check it out in the near future.



Now in the late afternoon, just about everything was ready for the ritual to begin. I wish I could have stayed for the ritual, but well... I didn't. I hope everything went well, and I feel that our paths will cross again.



Well, that was my weekend. I truly enjoyed my time at MacArthur park, and I hope we can demo and volunteer there in the future.

Now, let's see how the rest of my week goes...









Now, I'm gonna end this blog with some capoeira on the mountain, with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world, playing in the background.





If any of you out there are interested in learning Capoeira, we're usually out at Griffith Park on Sundays, across the street from the golf course, near the Greek Theatre, on Vermont Canyon Road going up towards the Observatory.

Come join us!















The best way to say, "I love you, God," is to live your life doing your best.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment