Sunday, May 3, 2015

HAPPY SATURDAY!!!








GOOD MORNING, FAMILY!!!

Well, here we are, starting another weekend. And it promises to be another awesome one!

Today, I'm going over to a friend's house to watch the very HIGHLY ANTICIPATED boxing match between Mayweather and Pacquiau...



The way they're hyping up this fight, I hope it goes down as one of the great ones.

As Always, I started my Saturday with Capoeira class at The Agape International Spiritual Center. There, Charles gave us a really good lesson on Capoeira Music.

Music is a very important part of capoeira. A Capoeira player not only has to learn to fight, but he must also learn to sing, and play several different instruments, especially in capoeira angola.

Here's an overview of the instruments played in Capoeira:



And here's how it sounds when you put them all together:



I'll go more in depth about the music at a later date.

After class, I planned to go to the Brewery Artwalk and Open Studios in the Lincoln Heights section of Los Angeles, but before that, I took a "detour", and went out to Hollywood & Highland, and saw this real cool Texas tourism event going on. I only took 2 pictures because I was very apprehensive about taking pictures, but they had games, trivia, etc.

It was pretty fun.



Anyway, from hollywood, I went to the artwalk.

Here's some photos I took over there...



It was really cool up there, that is, until it started raining... That's when I knew it was time to go.

>
Now on Sunday, it was back to Agape, because The Capoeira Collective had a Capoeira demonstration in the parking lot. The purpose was to let people learn more about the Capoeira classes, and what is taught there, and hopefully get more people interested in joining the class. I don't have any pictures of us playing capoeira, but here's some pictures of the drum circle that followed:



And yes, I danced too, but you don't any pictures of that either, because I can't dance and take photos at the same time. Anyway this was one of the best times I ever had, and I hope we more things like this in the future.

Now, an interesting thing happened to me on the way home...

At my last bus stop, I noticed that they blocked off a few streets, so I went over to check out why...



And I found myself right in the middle of a free concert! There were lots of vendors, beautiful mariachi and Norteno music, crowds of happy people... What a wonderful way to wait for the bus!!!



I wish I could have stayed longer, but I only stayed about a half an hour or so, because like I said, I was waiting for the bus, and I wanted to go home.

Well, that's how my last weekend went, I hope this one goes just as great!






Now, I'm gonna end this blog with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world.


------------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT------------













Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment