Friday, December 25, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS, 2015!!!





GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!



CHRISTMAS IS FINALLY HERE!!! But what is Christmas? What are it's traditions? Well, I posted this documentary below which gives a pretty good answer to this question.



However, if you're a bookworm like me, you might want to click HERE.



At Christmas play and make good cheer, For Christmas comes but once a year - Thomas Tusser



For me, christmas is one of the few times of the year when My whole family gets together to eat, exchange presents, and tell christmas stories. And that is what I'm gonna do today at my sister's house.



HOLIDAY SONG

This year Hanukkah, Christmas and the Mawlid all occur around the same time so I wrote this song in commemoration of these happy occasions. Given some of the tension and tragic events around the world this past year, I felt perhaps the meeting of all these wonderful occasions was The Divine's way of reminding us all that the fathers of our faiths loved one another. And beyond that we are united by the most lofty primordial connection...the sublime soul. Those who hate and harm others, do so in the name of their own corrupted hearts and those who love...their love will live on. The approximate meaning of the Arabic section is, "Oh Most Merciful One, send prayers, peace and blessing on traveling light in the cosmos". Although I don't know the exact origin of the litany, it is often repeated by North and West Africans. I often recite it when I am confronted with some struggle in my own life.






Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind.
To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy,
is to have the real spirit of Christmas.
- Calvin Coolidge

May you have the gladness of Christmas which is hope;
The spirit of Christmas which is peace;
The heart of Christmas which is love.
- Ada V. Hendricks



Have a very merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas John. Thank you for your lovely blog. Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your beautiful blog John. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete