Thursday, July 10, 2014

DEAR DIARY: I HAD A DAMN GOOD 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND!!!




WASSUP Family!!!

As I contemplate what to do this upcoming weekend, I thought I'd tell you the AWESOME 4th of July weekend I had.

FRIDAY THE 4TH OF JULY!!!

Every year on the 4th, the street next to ours has a block party, which starts in the middle of the day, and ends after midnight.

The pictures below don't do it justice, but hey, the music was popping, the alcohol was flowing, the people were dancing, and everybody had a Damn Good time.







SATURDAY!!!

I started early in the morning, and took a little trip around L.A.

First I went downtown, where I went to the Union Station, Olvera St. and Chinatown...







And from there, I took a LONG ASS bus ride to Venice Beach.

On the bus ride over, I met this wonderful lady taking her children, neices and nephews to the beach.

We talked about many things, music, world peace, the power of the Human heart, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

It was a very pleasant conversation, and I hope I meet her again one day.




Here's another pic of her:



And here's me at Venice Beach. The pic's actually a little old, but hey, that's what I was wearing, and I don't like taking selfies.



Here's some other pics I took while I was there...



Now, what you see below, is a scoop of a middle eastern food called "HUMMUS".

In the film "YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN" with ADAM SANDLER, Someone described Hummus as "A very tasty... Diarrhea-like substance. And I have to say that's... somewhat accurate.

Despite it's almost runny consistency, It tasted really good, like a Tuna Salad without the Tuna. Or the Salad.



Now this fruit vendor sold me some very good Watermelon. I'm not showing her face in this photo for a reason.

You see, she sold fruit for 3 dollars. When I gave her a 5 dollar bill, I SHIT YOU NOT, she took out 2 of the nastiest, crumpled-up 1-dollar bills I've ever seen, from her cleavage in her shirt. They were still damp with her sweat.

I almost threw up on the spot.

But, the Watermelon was still really good.



Now there were also very pleasant moments too, like this woman.



Her name is CROSBY MORGAN, and she was playing some cover songs and some originals, and she's really talented.

Don't believe me? Well then, check her out below:



Anyway, If any of you our there are at Venice Beach, come check her out, and Buy a CD.

If you want to know more about her...

FACEBOOK.COM/CROSBYMORGANMUSIC

SOUNDCLOUD.COM/CROSBYMORGAN



From Venice Beach, I made my way to the Promenade in Santa Monica, near the pier. I didn't see who I went there to see, but I did get to see Seis Cuerdas:



I'll be talking about them in the near future.

Here's some pics I took of my journey home...




SUNDAY!!!

Now on this day, I took it easy, and just went to Redondo Beach.

Here's a look from the pier...






Well, that was my weekend. You think I can top that this weekend?

ell, maybe. Let's see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment