Sunday, May 13, 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!


Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.
- William Makepeace Thackeray


At 6 yrs "Mommy, I Love You."
At 10 yrs. "Mom, Whatever."
At 16 "Mom is so annoying."
At 18 "I wanna leave this house."
At 25 "Mom, you were right."
At 30 "I wanna go to Mom's house."
At 50 "I don't wanna lose my Mom."
At 70 "I would give up everything
for my Mom to be here with me."

Yeah, that's usually how it goes, doesn't it? Well, I'm not seventy yet, but everyday I wish I could see my Mom again. Just one more time... to be able to say, I LOVE YOU, MAMA. AND I ALWAYS WILL.

All mothers hold a special place in our hearts, providing the lessons and care that have enabled generations of children to embrace the opportunities of life. Mothers give us the love that comforts and sustains us, and the strength that enables us to the challenges we face. Today, we sons, daughters, friends and neighbors honor the mothers of this world. Mother's Day has long been a welcome opportunity to celebrate motherhood and to remember our mothers -- whether biological, foster, or adoptive.

In this day and age, Mothers are Teachers, Doctors, Nurses, CEO's, elected officials and PTA presidents, Police Officers, and volunteers, as well as Homemakers and Heads of Households. These women are using their talents in every sector of our society, striving to help all people to look forward with hope and faith in the future.

Anyway, let's start this day off with another amazing mother, Danni El, who wrote this beautiful song, Little Heart, for her son.





AND SO, ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO'S FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO STILL HAVE THEIR MOTHER... PLEASE TREAT THEM WITH THE RESPECT THEY DESERVE!!!





A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher



No comments:

Post a Comment