Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dear Diary: I had one of the best nights I had in a long time...

Last night, I had the pleasure of going to this event:


It was put on by Radiance Movement, a community organization dedicated to providing dancers with exceptional training while sustaining the body without injury, as well as making the joy and benefits of dance and meditative arts accessible to everyone in the community.



Yesterday Morning I went to Venice Beach at 11:00 to try to Find the group to join in the morning festivities, but I couldn't find them. So, after looking for about an hour, I decided to just go to the 6 p.m. event, and went to have lunch. And Then, I went to Santa Monica Pier, and Worked out a little bit, before going to the Santa Monica 3rd street Promenade. And from there, I went to the evening event.

When I got there, Madison and Phannie were rehearsing their dance, there was some food, some mingling, and positive vibes all around.

Now on to the event:

We were digging into home-made appetizers and hanging out, while enjoying the sounds of live
musical artists LA CAt and Brandon West. I was sitting down mostly, because my right foot was hurting like hell for some reason (And because I'm a natural wallflower), but I did get up to get some of that delicious finger food a few times. Then, while Cat and Brandon were playing, Madison walked up to me and got me to dance (well, I hobbled, because my foot was KILLING me). Then, as everybody sat down and we got to buisness, so to speak.

Cat Ramos and Brandon West did some realy good Reggae and Rap songs, and there was this great 30 min. Presentation about permaculture and how it can change our world by Heath Perry, MS, RD.

And speaking of changing our world, here is another great video by Madison Moross, Phannie Haver, and Nick Ware about the Big P Project:



After the presentation, Cat Ramos and her partner did an awe inspiring dance inspired by the sea, and Madison and Phannie Did another great interpetive dance with Nick Ware and Maylan Ackerman providing wonderful background music. And then, Madison brought out the brownies and pies, Nick and Maylan started playing some more music, and there was another little party. And this time, hurting foot or not, I asked Madison to Dance! And after a couple of minutes, my foot wasn't hurting so much...

Anyway, I REALLY wish I could've stayed longer, but I had to go get the bus and take the long, ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment