Friday, August 15, 2014

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!






I boldly paint my dreams upon the canvas of my life.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie



WASSUP FAMILY!!! Well, I was gonna name this blog, "THE WEEKEND CAME EARLY", but I settled on what you see above.

After a few months away, I went to the Downtown LA Artwalk last night.

Here's some photos of some of the things I saw, and the people I met.



Now as you should know, there were a lot of artists out there selling their art and their crafts, And I thought I'd introduce ya'll to some of them.

It had to end
I dove off a dangerous cliff
flew through heaven and swam
and now I have landed
looking up at lost times,
trying to hold on,
trying to go back
hit with gravity
and self realization
It is a wave,
It is ALWAYS, a wave

A Poem for the Morning After

Ryan Ashley
untouchedpoetry.com


Guys, this is Ryan Ashley.



What this guy does is totally amazing. For a small donation, he'll type up a poem for you on the spot about ANY subject you choose.
I asked him to think about the best night you ever had, and make a poem about the morning after that.

The poem you see above, is what he came up with.

And here is a photo of some people who were also waiting for a poem...



while walking down Spring st., I came across this strange looking statue...



And met this beautiful artist standing next to it. Guys, say hello to Sara.



She also made this really cool tile painting for a bar named WENDELLS, which is close to where we were (Main st. and 7th, for those of you in L.A.)



Anyway, next to her was another artist named Josh.



Here is one of his paintings...



He has a lot of other paintings on his web site, sasquatch23.com (I think that's his website)



Now, I want to introduce you to another amazing artist. Guys, meet Alex Grimmer.



I met this guy by the outside park on Spring St. between 4th & 5th St. He sells wallets he made completely from Duct Tape. I would've taken pictures of some of his wallets, but I was a little nervous about asking him about it.

But if would like to check out his wallets and purchase some, check out his website at www.freakywallet.com



Now I see people from this group every time I go to the Artwalk.



They are a vegetarian group who pass out flyers and educate people about where most of our meat REALLY comes from, and provide us with some healthy, meat free alternatives.

If you want to know more about them, check out their website at CHOOSEVEG.COM.



A little later, I met this charming lady.



I never caught her name, but the flyer she was holding was for a new place called THE SPRINGS.

So, what is The Springs?

The springs is an organic juice bar, a raw vegan restaurant & wine bar, a yoga studio and wellness center that is coming soon to the heart of the LA arts district.

To learn more about it, visit WWW.THESPRINGSLA.COM



And last, but not least, The Derby Dolls.



They were passing out flyers and promoting their event, which is taking place on Saturday, Aug. 23rd.



for more information, visit DERBYDOLLS.COM



Yes, there was a lot of creativity and inspiration that night... so much that I did a little creating myself that night:





So, to all the wonderful staff at this month's Downtalk L.A. Artwalk,



Thank You all for putting on an amazing and safe Artwalk, and if I can, I'll see you all next month!!!







Misuse of the word is how we pull each other down and keep each other in a state of fear and doubt.
~don Miguel Ruiz





2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful journey. Thanks for taking us on it with you. Namaste my friend

    ReplyDelete