Monday, October 17, 2011

Love is all there is...

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

This Quote is so very true, especially in regards to my life. And I never realized how true it was, until last Saturday when I went to the opening of the Radiance Movement Dance Studio in Santa Monica.

This Studio was created by two amazing dancers, Madison Moross and Phannie Havers, who one year ago, set off on that grand adventure we call life, to follow thier dreams, and see them come to fuition.

So, What is the Radiance Movement? Well, this is from thier website:

Radiance Movement offers a space to cultivate a body-centered and solution-minded lifestyle through a variety of movement modalities, wellness arts, and community gatherings.

We think that no matter what background, experience, age, or condition we can all dance for life.

As two lifelong dancers, who have studied both dance, health and social sciences in a variety of capacities, founders Phannie Haver and Madison Moross believe in the power of movement to enhance physical and emotional well-being of individuals and communities. With our combined knowledge of the human body, mind and spirit we've created a space and set of programs where moving well is achievable in many diffferent ways.

All dance classes are aimed at conditioning creativity, authenticity, joyfulness, and the expression of our radiant bodies through the language and discipline of movement.

Our space is built upon the Big Picture Philosophy of our not-for-profit project, The Big P Project. All events and seminars are intended to provide resources for advancement in community well-being.
We dedicate 5% of our profits to a fund that provides class scholarships, we will minimize our environmental impact and choose to maximize our partnership with socially-responsible organizations.

It wasn't a huge party, just a small gathering of friends, family, like - minded people... and me. To tell you the truth, when I got there I was a little nervous and didn't feel like I belonged there because the only person who I knew was Danni El, who was playing that night, and the only reason I went there in the first place. But one greeting from Madison, and I got over those feelings real quick.

I got there around 6:20 where there was a pre-performance With live music, palm readings and massages going on, and very tasty homemade appetizers... I liked the sushi rolls in particular. Around 7:00, there was a beautiful dance Performed by Cat Ramos, then a short film by Amanda Espy. Then, Danni El played some songs while Phannie Haver, and Madison Moross, did a wonderful dance to them. And Last, but certainly not least, Scotty from the Guerillas, gave a great speech speech about well, love. And then, there was a little after - party with home-cooked desserts, Danni and I got to talk for a little while, and I got to mingle a bit.

All in all, it was a great event with good people, great food, and great energy! The only thing I didn't like about it is that I had to leave early. And what a crazy bus ride home THAT was...

But anyway, I would like to say to Madison and Phannie, Thank you so much for teaching me that life is either a daring adventure... or nothing.

I will carry that lession with me in my heart, wherever I go.

For more information, go to thier website at www.dancingwellnessarts.com And also, you can check out thier Facebook Page HERE, and click here for thier work on the Big P Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment