Monday, October 24, 2011

A Very Special Place...

If you read this blog, then you know I've been going to Venice Beach a lot lately.




When people go to Venice Beach, they go to walk the Boardwalk, Check out Muscle Beach, watch the strange people, surf, etc. But I go for one main reason now. The Vardo Cafe.



One day, after spending some time on the boardwalk one friday afternoon, I was walking up to the bus stop, and saw the place next to the subway, and decided to see what they had, especially since it was highly recommended. And to this day, I'm glad I did.

The place looks a little fancy at first glance, but the servers are all down to earth, and treat me like a KING everytime. And the food is out of this world! I admit, I was a little skeptical at first because the vardo cafe serves Vegan food, and I'm a self - proclaimed MEAT EATER, and proud of it. However, the taste of the food really suprised me. If I ever stop eating meat, vardo is going to be one of the main reasons. (Well, that and Hell freezing over...) The food is a little pricey, but it's totally worth it! And besides, it's no more expensive than what you'd usually find on the Boardwalk. I personally recommend the coco sea gypsy soup, and the jackfruit stew. And the almond milk. I LOVE the almond milk. And last but not least, the Saffron Ice Cream.

In short, the Vardo Cafe is the main reason I ride the bus and metro rail for 2 and a half hours from where I live out to Venice Beach a couple of times a month. For me, it's one of the things that makes Venice Beach so unique and special. My trip out to Venice would not be complete without going there.

So, if any of you happens to be out visiting Venice Beach, just go on near the north end of the boardwalk, walk over 2 blocks to Main St., go past the CVS at the corner, and walk half a block up the street to Vardo. I GUARANTEE, you will NOT be disapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment