Saturday, February 16, 2013

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!




I release the familiar that I may better discover my inspiring future.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie



GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

Yesterday was ONE OF THOSE DAYS... You know, when you end up feeling like you shouldn't have gotten out of bed that morning... Yeah, like that. First, I forget my bus fare at home, so I had to take the second bus. Then, the Blue Line had to detour because somebody decided to shoot a movie scene, and they blocked off the area around the 7th st. metro center. And to top it off, the driver could have let us off in the front side of the station where a crowd of people could more easily get in, but NOOOOOOOO, he had to drive all the way around the block so he could let us off at a back entrance where we were packed like sardines trying to get to the Red Line. Needless to say, I didn't watch the Chinatown parade. I got up there in time for it to start, but I just wasn't in a parade watching mood. But it was pretty cool going through Chinatown going through the markets, sampling the food... But anyway, I went back after a half and hour or so.

On the way back, there was delay after delay. First, we had to wait, and WAIT at Grand station because... I don't know! And all the while, the train was getting more and more packed. With us packed in there like sardines, it was no wonder when we got to florence station, and there was another DELAY because some train broke down or something, there was a fight in the back of the train, which just made us wait LONGER. Then when the train got to Compton station, there was YET ANOTHER DELAY because near the station, 2 Crip Gangs were fighting, and people kept opening the doors to get a better look.

But all in all, I noticed that I wasn't really angry about my situation at all. I don't know why, but I was pretty calm. In fact, I felt really lucky. The time on my transfer ran out because of all the delays, and if an officer caught me, I would have gotten a ticket I couldn't afford.

So, all's good in the neighborhood.

Let's see what TODAY has in store for me...

Some of you say that this is your basic instinct. It s called the ‘survival instinct,’ and it is this cultural myth that has formed much of your societal ethic, creating many of your group behaviors.

Yet your ‘basic instinct’ is not survival but rather, fairness, oneness, and love. This is the basic instinct of all sentient beings everywhere. It is your cellular memory. It is your inherent nature. Thus is exploded your first cultural myth. You are not basically evil.. - Conversations with God, book 3 by Neale Donald Walsch
~ JOIN HUMANITY'S TEAM




O.K., it's time for the SUNDAY SCHOOL VIDEO, where I post any video about religion or spirituality. Today, it's part 3 of the continuing series "Discovering Religion".





Humor can help you cope with the unbearable so that you can stay on the bright side of things until the bright side actually comes along. - Allen Klein





As You know, especially if you watch this blog, on valentine's day, there was a huge global activist movement called V-DAY, where men and women all around the world danced, in protest of violence against women and girls. So for the next week, I'd show you guys some videos of some of these celebrations from around the world.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH ONE BILLION RISING IN L.A.!!!

For more information about One Billion Rising, please check out their Website @ http://onebillionrising.org/














Just do your best--in any circumstance in your life.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment