Wednesday, February 20, 2013

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!!!




I say NO to the demands of the world. I say YES to the longings of my own heart.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie



GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!

The light of God surrounds me; The love of God enfolds me; The power of God protects me; The presence of God watches over me. Wherever I am, God is!

--James Dillet Freeman
~ JOIN HUMANITY'S TEAM






I don't stick fight, I don't knife fight, I don't sword fight, I don't gun fight, or whatever.

I SURVIVE, the aforementioned methods are merely the tools I use to accomplish my goal. If you come at me looking for a "fight", you've come to the wrong place.

You've come to a place where I'm going to do EVERYTHING in my power to make sure I SURVIVE.


I've written that on my sidebar, to show that my main reason to practice the martial arts is self defense. A self defense situation is VERY DIFFERENT from a sport situation.

I saw the video below on facebook a few days ago, and I thought I would talk a little bit about it. I would like all of you reading this to watch this video and pay attention to the meaning of mindset and the realities of self defense and sport. This video is for those people that simply don't understand that there is a huge difference, and this video explains it clearly.



Now the video above seems to pick on BJJ, BUT THE FACT IS THAT THIS CAN APPLY TO ANY MARTIAL ART!!! Now let me be clear: I have the utmost respect of BJJ In fact, even the GRACIE FAMILY knows that there is a huge difference between self defense and sport. Don't think so? Well, I posted a link below to a video of Ryron and Rener Gracie, speaking about some of the differences between Street Jiu-Jitsu and Sport Jiu-Jitsu. Now I posted this video a while back, but I couldn't find it.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

Anyway, that's my little Martial Arts tip for today...

No one is to be called an enemy, all are your benefactors, and no one does you harm. You have no enemy except yourselves. - St. Francis of Assisi









As You know, especially if you read this blog, on valentine's day, there was a huge global activist movement called V-DAY, where men and women all around the world danced, in protest of violence against women and girls. So for the next week, I'd show you guys some videos of some of these celebrations from around the world.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH ONE BILLION RISING IN SAN FRANCISCO!!!

For more information about One Billion Rising, please check out their Website @ http://onebillionrising.org/














"When you surrender and let go of the past, you allow yourself to be fully alive in the moment."
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment