Friday, June 20, 2014

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!



HI FAMILY,

This is going to be short.

When I was a child, I was told by myfather that there were native Americans in my family.

Not that I didn't believe him, but hey, I never saw any at our family gatherings. But then, I read a book called "Black Indians: A Hidden Heritage" by William Loren Katz, and watched this video below on PBS, which say that as many as 1/3 of blacks in this country have native americans in their family, which made me think that my father may have been right.



But then, years later, I saw this documentary by Dr. Henry Louis Gates, which suggests that maybe only 1 out of every 20 black people may have native american blood, and that most blacks who claim to have native american blood may actually have white blood.



But then, yesterday, I watched this video, and it says, well... take a look.




Anyway, I find this stuff all fascinating. I still don't know for sure if I have any native american heritage, but one of these days, I'll find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment