Friday, June 6, 2014

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!



WASSUP FAMILY!!!

Over the last couple of days, you've seen me post some blogs about black history. Some of might be wondering... Why didn't he do this last Febuary, during Black History month?

Well, it's my belief that "Black History Month", is for non-black people to learn about who we are, and our story.

On my blog, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BLACK HISTORY MONTH, because I celebrate black history all year long.

Let me repeat that.

ALL YEAR LONG.

To give you guys more an Idea as to why I am VERY PASSIONATE about this subject, I'm showing you this passage I wrote and put in my sidebar, under THE AFRICAN WORLD.

Let's face it - think of AFRICA, and the first images that come to mind are of war, poverty, famine and of course, TARZAN. How many of us really know anything at all about the truly great ancient African civilizations, which in their day, and even to this day, were just as splendid and glorious as any other great civilazation on the face of the earth?

I've added numerous links to different websites to show everybody some of the Real History of Africans and thier descendants,



as opposed to How we are usually stereotyped, even by some Black people.



It is these stereotypes I believe (among others), that lead to discrimination, racism, and ultimately, a weaker society.

So I put those links there, not to say that we are somehow better or superior to other nations, or to try to put down any of the other great civilizations of this planet, but to show that we africans worldwide have our own cultures, civilizations, and ways of life that are just as complex, advanced, and worthy of study as any of the other great nations and peoples of the world, if not more so.


PLEASE check out the links I provided in that section. Most of the info in those links are things that I NEVER learned in school (and I'm pretty sure YOU never learned it either).

I found this video on You Tube which goes deep into WHY this information is never really taught in schools here in the U.S.A. It was made by YouTube user Shawn Lov. He has many videos dedicated to history, education, and some dope music.

HERE'S HIS YOU TUBE CHANNEL. check it out!



Published on Feb 20, 2013
In honor of Black History Month, The first lesson in Shawn's "Bomb the Teacher" series is "The Black History Deception" where S discusses how Africans laid the groundwork for all civilization and how modern racism has misshaped history. Suggested Reading:

The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Message to the Blackman in America: Elijah Muhammad
From "Superman" to Man: J.A. Rogers
From Babylon To Timbuktu: Windsor
Countering the Conspiracy to Destroy Black Boys Vol 1 & 2: Dr. Jawanza Kunjufu
Kill Them Before They Grow: Michael Porter
The Mis-Education of the Negro: Carter G. Woodson
The Willie Lynch Letter and The Making of a Slave
They Came Before Columbus: Ivan Van Sertima
Black Genesis: The Prehistoric Origins of Ancient Egypt
Knowledge of Self: A Collection of Wisdom on the Science of Everything in Life
Brainwashed: Challenging the Myth of Black Inferiority
Why Darkness Matters: The Power of Melanin in the Brain
The Ankh: African Origin of Electromagnetism

There are many Black-History related websites, FREE PDF files of full-books, and Essays which I will provide upon request.

Google any of my tags for further reading- Be sure to check the sources and origins of information to be sure it is Right and Exact!
Peace!
S
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License

No comments:

Post a Comment