Wednesday, June 18, 2014

DEAR DIARY: BE THE CHANGE THAT YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD!!!




"BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD." Yes, this was the saying I was thinking abut all day last Sunday, when I went to a special event:

KATHMANDU BOUTIQUE OPEN HOUSE QUARTERLY GATHERING

You see, every 3 months, at a place called Kathmandu Boutique in Santa Monica, Ca., there's a wonderful gathering where people come together as a community to celebrate FRIENDSHIP, FOOD and great MUSIC! They serve delicious home cooked NEPALESE vegan food, NEPALESE chia (tea) hot cider, amazing music from local artists, massages, henna tattoos, etc.

To me, this is a place where strangers become friends, and wonderful memories are created.

I learned about this event 1 year ago, when My friend, the amazing DANNI EL, invited me there to watch her perform.

Now I wrote about this event last friday, so I'm not going to go into too much detail here.

----------CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT WHAT I WROTE----------

What I AM gonna do though, is show you some photos I took, and give a little rundown of what I did that night.

Now, I would like to take the oppurtunity to give a shout out to Reena Gauchan, the creator of this event:



Like I said before, she is a living example of the saying, "BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD."

And also, she's one of the nicest people I ever met. I posted the video below, in an attempt to show you guys the kind of woman she is. Now I'm not totally sure if this is ABSOLUTELY what she's like... but whenever I see her, this is the vibe I get.



Reena, THANK YOU SO MUCH for being who you are, and doing what you do.


Family, Here's a woman I want you all to meet:




Her name is JULIE JEWELS BERTRAND. She's a Yoga Teacher, and a life coach. Now I was gonna make a blog about her, but Hay House Author and Radio Host Cynthia Occelli beat me to it:

----------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT!----------

Anyway, if you want to know more about her, please check out her website at jewelsbertrand.com.



Now I went to this gathering because these 2 lovely ladies were performing that night.




DANNI EL, and JESSICA BELL. They had come together to form a group alled LA CARAVANA.



Now I seen them perform together BEFORE, so I knew we were in for a wonderful time. and boy, was I RIGHT!!!
Anyway, here's some photos from that night:




They were joined by Milo Gonzalez, an amazing guitar player and acrobat, as you can see in the pictures and video below:








And as you can see below, the audience was so damn PACKED that I had no place to sit... but then I'm used to that when Danni & Jessica are performing.



nd here's some candid photos I took of them before I left...



And thanks for the flowers Jessica...




All in all, it was a MAGICKAL night. I can't wait for the next gathering on Sept. 15th, which coincidentally, is 6 days before my birthday on the 21st.

And, I can't wait to watch La Caravana perform again...




And let me give a shout out to Nick Ware, Madison and Colin Madden, Katerina Nadjekina, and Alex Reyes for being there and sharing your love! it was great seeing you all, and let's hope our paths cross together soon!!!





P.S. at the gathering, I met a guy named Kianti Ecoluv. He had some Super Body Buddies he was selling, and teaching people what his Super Body Buddies were about and teaching people how to use them.

His website is www.superbodybuddy.com. Check it out!





2 comments:

  1. John, what a wonderful account of the beautiful evening we all spent at the Kathmandu Boutique. Thank you for the kind words you wrote about me. Peace and blessings my dear friend. I'll see you in the cyber world until our next meeting in person.
    Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post John! I've loved seeing you at the last couple of Kathmandu gatherings. Thank you for reflecting upon and highlighting the wonderful people involved in this event. Look forward to seeing you again soon, I hope :)

    ReplyDelete