Friday, January 18, 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!




I Laugh With Life.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie




GOOD MORNING EVERYBODY!!!



There is One Truth, and it is love, and you and I are love, and We are naught two but One. And what a One! --Beautiful Illusion by Heavens Letter - FROM HUMANIY'S TEAM



QUESTION: "how many Martial Artists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
ANSWER: "100. One to screw it in, and to rest to argue endlessly about how the guy who screwed it in did it wrong, and how they could do it much better."

For the last few days now, there has been alot of vicious trash-talking going on a martial-atrs discussion forum that I frequently lurk at. The participants practice a certain well-known style of Pencak Silat(those of you who have been in the silat community for a while know which style I'm talking about). It's not a good thing to see a bunch of grown men act like school children, but sometimes you just got to just watch and enjoy the drama...

Anyway, yesterday on You Tube, I saw this video by Anshu Christa Jacobson of Budo Ryu Ninjutsu, giving her perspective about trash talking in the Martial Arts, and her way of dealing with it.

So here's the video, with the description below. I hope you enjoy it.

You can find more Information about Anshu Christa Jacobsen and her Dojo here:
www.anshuchristajacobson.com



Video Description from You Tube:

Uploaded on Mar 1, 2011
I get these questions a lot;
Why do I not partake in interaction with online hate & negativity? Why do I not talk to these people that slander and talk trash on others? Why not just set them straight with your answers?

I have never responded to a forum attack or a youtube / video attack in anyway, I let them talk and I simply go about my business promoting good ethics and morals to my students. I have nothing to defend, the Budo Ryu is a school of traditional martial arts that trains and teaches 7 warrior traditions.

--- SORRY BUT I AM NOT SO INSECURE THAT I HAVE TO TALK TO A WEBCAM AND TRASH OTHERS ONLINE SO THAT IN MY HEAD I CAN FEEL THAT PEOPLE WILL LIKE ME, AND LIKE WHAT I DO ---

I have to hold a position that reflects the dignity of the school. If I am going to tell my students that you should not fight unless you have to, that if the bully is talking than just walk the other way. If I am going to say this to my students, than that is the action that I will reflect from the school too.

Fighting is always the last answer, only fight if you have too, and these kids are talking to a computer, they are not here on the mats, they are talking to a webcam all over the world. I spend my time training, teaching and dedicating myself to the study of the arts. That is all. None of this online hate and slander has anything to do with being a good person or helping myself, my family, my friends, the school or my students in anyway at all.

I hope that you all enjoy the video and understand why I do not take part, the Budo Ryu is a professional school of marital arts and will conduct itself as such.

Anshu Christa Jacobson
Headmistress of the Budo Ryu -- School of the Japanese Warrior Way

"People need to grow up and be adults and quit talking about each other and spend the time training instead of talking. No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else." - Soke Masaaki Hatsumi

Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License







And now, let's start the morning with TAHLIA FRANCINE, performing on the Promenade in Santa Monica.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

She regularly plays out on the 3rd street Promenade in Santa Monica Ca. So, if you're out in Santa Monica, stop by the promenade, check her out, and if you can, leave a tip.

For more Information about Tahlia and her music, check out her Facebook fan page, TAHLIA FRANCINE MUSIC, and her Twitter page, TAHLIA FRANCINE.














Today can be the day when you experience the beauty of yourself. Today can be the day when you reconnect with your own spirit and express all the love in your heart.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment