Sunday, September 16, 2012

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!




Caring - Kindness - Compassion - Appreciation ... It is my choice to care deeply about others.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie




GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!!! I said I was gonna go into a little more detail about my time at Harvells last friday night. Well... here it is.

I got there a little early, a couple of minutes before the door opened. When it did open, I paid the cover and went inside. There was a great jam session already going on, as Chris Pierce and his band, the guys who went on before the Big Joe band, were playing some tunes, setting the stage for what came a little later. I found a seat and listened to chris and his band rehearse for a bit, and while they were rehearsing, Big Joe Hurt came in from the rear entrance with 1 or 2 of his band members. And then a few minutes after chris & his band finished, I went out for some fresh air. And that's when I saw Roxie Sakura outside having a smoke, and hanging out with a couple of friends, one of whom was in Joe's band that night. Last Saturday, I had the priveledge of listening to Roxie and her band the KI play at the UN Women L.A. Chapter MUSIC Event in Culver City. I also met this great poet named Sean Hill there. But Anyway, We exchanged pleasantries, and then I went back in Harvells and found a couple of people I met last week, and I found and greeted Jocelyn Kay Levy and Alana Lee. They played at Harvells last week in a band called GOTAWAY GIRL. Anyway, this week they were here playing with Joe's band as backup singers. Anyway, I found my seat again, and waited for the show to begin.

And the show started off with a bang! Chris Pierce and his band started their set a little after 9:30, and he immediately had everything ROCKING! The drinks were flowing, the people were dancing, and there wasn't a care in the world. In other words, everybody was having a great time. Then chris finished his set, and things slowed down a bit as everybody was taking a breather while the stage was being prepared for Big Joe Hurt and his Band.

When Big Joe and his band finally started, he picked up where Chris left off, and then some. One thing I really liked was that during his show, Joe had brought up some local artists on to the stage, and gave them a chance to showcase their talent. And one other thing. There was this really cute waitress working there... all right, seh wasn't cute, she was SMOKING HOT! I couldn't talk to her because she was really busy, but I really regret not getting at least her name. Well, maybe next time...

I could have been there all night listening to Joe and his band rock the house, but around 12:30, I had to leave and embark on my long, 3 hour trip home. You know, I gotta say that last friday didn't start off too well. My bike was stolen right out of my backyard, or garage because I don't remember where I put it, and there were a lot of little things that were just pissing me off... I was having a bad morning. But listening to Chris Pierce and Big Joe and his band that night set my day right. I believe Chris said it right when he was talking about the healing power of music. Point is, I left the house feeling like crap, and got back feeling on top of the world.

Well today, I'm gonna finally rest. I'm gonna catch up on some things I've been putting aside, and get ready for this upcoming week.

“Whatever you are physically, ‘male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy – all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. Whatever the color, the shape, the design of the shade that conceals it, the flame inside the lamp remains the same. You are that flame.” Cassandra Clare

Now, Let's start the day with Big Joe Hurt, performing GRANDMAS HANDS.

If you want to know more about Joe Hurt and his band, check out his website, www.bigjoehurt.com.


We also make assumptions about ourselves, and this creates a lot of inner conflict.
~don Miguel Ruiz



No comments:

Post a Comment