Friday, December 14, 2012

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!




I am a blessing to the world
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie




GOOD MORNING!!!



They're making this store in Torrance, California... right where my favorite book store used to be.


I know because the last couple of days, that's where my temp job was. My job was to help unwrap, clean up, and make things tidy while construction was going on in this soon to be new store. I kept looking around, seeing in my mind's eye where all the books, CD's and DVD's used to be... Where people sat down and studied while drinking their coffee... Where the Information desk and the check out lines were... The whole place is so different now... When I thought about all the great memories I had in that place, I almost burst into tears. There's a Barnes and Noble nearby, but that Borders was always my favorite book store.

O.K., enough of my sob story. I want to show you something now. 2 days ago, I introduced you guys to an amazing japanese Martial Artist named YOSHINORI KONO. Now, I want to Introduce you to another amazing japanese Martial Artist I would like to learn from. His name is TETSUZAN KURODA. Tetsukan Kuroda was born in 1950, in Saitama Prefecture, Japan. When he was a year old, Kuroda Sensei began his training in his family's system of martial arts underhis grandfather, Yasuji Kuroda, and his father, Shigeki Kuroda. When he was 20 years old, Kuroda was awarded Hanshi Hachidan in Kobudo by the Dai Nippon Butokukai. This was a national record in Japan for such a young person to be given such a high rank. Kuroda Sensei is the fifteenth Soke of his family's system. He is known for his "Disappearing" or "Hidden Movements".

Here's some videos of Kuroda sensei in action.



Kuroda Tetsuzan 黒田鉄山 Kenjutsu Bujutsū

Kuroda sensei - Du sabre au Jujutsu

And here's the website of a Martial Art school in texas which studies and practices the Shinbukan Kuroda Dojo, taught by Tetsuzan Kuroda.

Shinbukan Texas Keikokai




Focus on good thoughts and good things will happen. Stay Positive. Think Positive. Do Positive.



Now, let's start the day off with OUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE, part of the Symphony of Science series.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

If you would like to know more about the Symphony of science, check out their website at www.symphonyofscience.com.



For many of us, it is easy to give, but very difficult to receive. When we master gratitude, we can easily receive without feeling guilty because we know that by receiving, we give pleasure to the one who is giving.
~don Miguel Ruiz





Let's all send a prayer for all those on the east coast of the U.S., and the Carribean right now affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Click here to find out how you can help.





And yes, I know the picture above is a fake...









No comments:

Post a Comment