Tuesday, December 11, 2012

HAPPY TUESDAY!!!




I accept gratefully the entirety of my past and my present life.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie




GOOD MORNING!

Well, another day, another dollar... Yesterday was full of frustration... I know today will be better.

Now Periodically, I make posts called: "MARTIAL ARTS I WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT" which showcase certain martial arts I find interesting, and want to learn more about; hence, the title. But Today, I'm not posting about a particular art, but a person. His name is YOSHINORI KONO.

Kono Yoshinori is a Japanese martial arts master and "body technique" (身体技法, Shintaigihou: literally "body technique") researcher. Born in 1949 in Tokyo, Japan, Kono was a student of husbandry at the Tokyo University of Agriculture before dropping out. He has since gone on to publish numerous books on the subject of bujutsu (武術, Japan’s classical martial arts, and what he calls “body technique”: the proper and most efficient use of the body, based on traditional bujutsu. Kono is gaining increasing recognition recently in Japan for his applications of bujutsu principles and techniques in other areas, in particular sports and nursing care. (This excerpt was taken from Gottsupedia. You can read the whole article HERE).

I first saw him in a You Tube video I posted called NAMBA ARUKI - A Style of Walking Practiced in old Japan, but I didn't know his name until I first saw the video segment below:



This video was part of a segment of a show called SAMURAI SPIRIT - KOBUDO. You can watch the entire episode HERE.

Here's 2 more videos of Kono in action:

The Greatest Martial Artist of Our Time? Yoshinori Kono

Samurai master trains Olympic athletes

He also has a book and DVD called Yoshinori Kono's Mind and Body Revolution which you can buy HERE.

As you can see, he's an amazing martial artist. It's one of my dreams to one day be able to move as well as he does.

I Choose… to live by choice, not by chance; to make changes, not excuses; to be motivated, not manipulated; to be useful, not used; to excel, not to compete. I choose self-esteem, not self-pity. I choose to listen to my inner voice, Not the random opinion of others. I choose to be ME .



Now, let's start the day off with "THE UNBROKEN THREAD", part of the Symphony of Science series.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH

If you would like to know more about the Symphony of science, check out their website at www.symphonyofscience.com.



When something comes to you, you attach and enjoy it as intensely as you can. As soon as the moment passes, you detach and let it go.
~don Miguel Ruiz





Let's all send a prayer for all those on the east coast of the U.S., and the Carribean right now affected by Hurricane Sandy.

Click here to find out how you can help.





And yes, I know the picture above is a fake...









No comments:

Post a Comment