Saturday, December 20, 2014

BLAME IT ON CHRISTMAS...




I am Honored that Spirit has chosen to create ME.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie





GOOD MORNING!!!

DEAR DIARY: Well, another weekend is upon us, and I didn't even tell y'all about my last weekend!!! Well, that's because I was working my ass off all week to get ready for christmas and well... I guess I'll just tell you all about it NOW.

Not that there's too much to tell. Last Saturday, after capoeira class in the morning t AGAPE, I went through Marina Del Rey, to Venice Beach, to Santa Monica Pier & The Promenade, then back home.

Here's some photos I took that day...



Now this was a little crazy.

On my way home, I took the Red line to Civic Center station to catch the bus back home, and when I got on, the whole train was filled with Santas! Take a look for yourselves....



They all got off at Pershing Square. I was tempted to follow them and find out what the HELL was going on, but I was a little tired.





HUMANITY'S TEAM


December is a month of reflection and preparation. It is the arbitrary end of a cycle we call one year. This natural cycle is one way to measure your movement along your path of life. It is an opportunity to look back upon the experiences you have had: the successes, the missed opportunities, and the memorable moments. It is a good time to ask yourself some questions that will empower you to ensure that the next year is even more fun and rewarding than the past year.

How have I become more loving? How much more do I love my self? How effective am I in remaining focused on my true purpose in life? What experiences would enable me to become more focused on my purpose? What will make next year more playful and fun? In what ways can I share more of my gifts with the world? How can my sharing create more abundance and satisfaction for me and everyone I touch? What am I deeply committed to that will have an impact on the consciousness of the world?

When these types of questions are deeply pondered, looking both at the past year and anticipating the new one, it can provide the stimulus for action in the present moment that is focused, committed and effective in helping you fully enjoy the wonderful adventure called your life.


Diciembre es un mes de reflexión y de preparación. Es el final arbitrario de un ciclo que llamamos año. Este ciclo natural es una manera de medir tu movimiento a lo largo de tu camino de vida. Es una ocasión para mirar hacia atrás a las experiencias que has tenido: los éxitos, las oportunidades perdidas, y los momentos memorables. Es un buen momento para hacerte algunas preguntas que te ayuden a asegurarte de que el año próximo será aún más divertido y gratificante que el año pasado

. ¿Cómo me he vuelto más amoroso? ¿Cuánto más me amo a mí mismo? ¿Qué tan efectivo soy en mantenerme centrado en mi verdadero propósito de vida? ¿Qué experiencias me permitirían centrarme más en mi propósito de vida? ¿Qué podría hacer al año que viene más lúdico y divertido? ¿De qué manera podría compartir más mis dones con el mundo? ¿Cómo podrían mis intercambios con los demás crear más abundancia y satisfacción para mí y para todas las personas que toque? ¿Con qué me siento profundamente comprometido que podría tener un impacto en la conciencia del mundo?

Si reflexionas profundamente sobre este tipo de cuestiones, contemplando el pasado año y anticipando el nuevo, esto te puede aportar un estímulo para la acción en el momento presente; centrado, comprometido y eficaz en ayudarte a disfrutar plenamente de esta maravillosa aventura llamada vida.

--Ted Murray
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER










Now on sunday, there was Capoeira in Griffith Park with Charles... And this time, I had a classmate...



And we had another visitor from CAPOEIRA BRASIL! Her name's Lizzy Mora. She was walking up the path playing with her dog during the music portion of the class, then she came over and joined us. It was magical. After the music class, we talked for a bit, exchanged info, and she was kind enough to pose for a picutre.



In case you were wondeing, CAPOEIRA BRASIL is a large, international Capoeira Group. Here in L.A., the group is headed by MESTRE BONECO, who has a school @ 5557 Washington Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90016 Here's a video about the recent Batizado they had in Downtown L.A.



If you want to know more about Capoeira Brasil, please check out their websites:

Capoeira Brasil Los Angeles: http://www.capoeirabrasil.com
Capoeira Brasil Downtown LA: http://www.capoeiradtla.com
Capoeira Brasil East: http://capoeirabrasileast.com

But Anyway, Lizzy, wherever you are, It was wonderful meeting you and playing with you in our music class. And I'm sure I speak for Charles and Substance when I say that you're Welcome to come by anytime, and I hope We see you again in the near future!

And speaking of music class...

Now, you may be wondering why I'm holding this little rock like it's a diamond...



Well to me it is. I found this rock at venice beach, and thought it would make a great Dobrao. And boy, was I right! A dobrao is a little rock or large coin that you use to help play a berimbau.



Now I THINK I'm starting to get the Angola rhythm down, but I'm still making a lot of mistakes... But hey, at least I'm hitting the string, and NOT my fingers anymore... That's progress, right?



So, if any of you want to learn this beautiful art, we are in Griffith Park, across the street from the golf course, near the Greek Theater, on Vermont Canyon Road going up towards the Observatory from 12:00PM to 3:00PM. Usually.



And there are also classes at the AGAPE CENTER, @ 5700 Buckingham Pkwy, Culver City, CA 90230.



Now Last Monday after work, I went to The Kathmandu Boutique in Santa Monica, Ca. for their Quarterly Gathering.

I didn't take much photos this time, as you can see...



Maybe it was because a long, hard day at work, but I just didn't have the joy, and sense of peace that I usually have when I go there. I had a few things on my mind and they wouldn't go away, so as a result, I just wasn't myself. I couldn't bring myself to eat some of the delicious nepalese food, or listen to the bands playing, or to even hold a decent conversation.

But it WAS great to see my beautiful friends Danni El and Jessica Bell again...



And my friend Julie Jewels Bertrand, who by the way, has written a wonderful article on her blog about her journey with REIKI -----CLICK HERE TO READ IT-----



if you want to know more about her, please check out her web site @ jewelsbertrand.com



Well, that was my weekend. I'm getting ready to go to AGAPE now and start my weekend, so I'll tell you all about it later.

BYE FOR NOW!











Now, I'm gonna end this blog with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world.


------------CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT------------













What the Toltec call "surrendering to the angel of death" can also be called "detachment."
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment