Monday, December 22, 2014

HAPPY MONDAY!!!




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

DEAR DIARY:

It's almost Christmas... and I'm ready for it. I had a great capoeira lesson yesterday, and I didn't sweat that much. I'll tell you why, right after this message from Humanity's Team.





HUMANITY'S TEAM


When we say conscious light we refer to a state of mind and heart that offers thoughts, words and feelings of deep appreciation, joy and gratitude. These vibrations 'lighten up' the density of the collective energies, the emotional chaos generated by those who do not realize the impact of their words, thoughts and emotions. Those who push against add energy to the very thing they oppose. They misuse their creative power as a being of light.

You call yourself a light being or a being of light without truly realizing that it is a fact. One aspect of the evolution of humanity is that this will become a recognized reality. We have often shared with you about this aspect, acknowledging you as a light being, and we will continue to reinforce this awareness.

--Field of Coherent Light by Peggy Black and the ‘team’
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE HUMANITY'S TEAM NEWSLETTER






Now this week, I was in for a surprise! You see, there's this club of horse riders who make a 6-hour ride through the griffith park area, and they come down and rest their horses where we practice. I remembered Charles told me once that a woman horse rider mistook the berimbau he was carrying for a bow and arrow one year, but I didn't know there was a whole big group of them.

Anyway, here they are coming into the picnic area, just before Charles arrived...



Once Again, it was just Mr. Williams and myself.



In this class, he gave me an in depth instruction on how to string a berimbau. He first taught me how to make an arame...



No, he didn't bring an old tire to the park, but he did bring some wire that he cut from an old tire. we cut off the rubber, rubbed the wire with sandpaper until the remiander of the rubber was off, and he showed me how to put the wire on the berimbau. Then, I worked on stringing it...



Yeah, he makes it look easy, but it's fucking hard! It took me about 10 tries before I stringed it enough to get a decent sound. and on that note, I need to get something off my chest.

When people see Capoeira, for the 1st time, or any martial art for that matter, they usually see a demonstration like this...



They take one look at something like that, and they think, "Wow, that's very beautiful, but I'll NEVER be able to do that, not in a million years. But they don't realize that a journey of 100 miles begins with 1 step. No woman in the history of this planet has ever given birth to a Capoeira Mestre, or a Pendekar of Pencak Silat, or a Karate Master. EVERY SINGLE Martial Art Master in the world started off as a beginner, DREAMING of being able to do what their teachers, and senior students can do. And they worked hard, busted their butts, and persevered for a long time to become the masters that THEIR students dream about being one day.

For example...



The point of this clip is you have to work, sweat, endure some pain (Now don't get me wrong, if your instructor is making you kick something you both know is gonna break your leg, then you seriously need another instructor), and you have to push yourself, to get good. It's not gonna be overnight of course, but the more you work at it, the better you'll get, and pretty soon, you'll be doing things that others will think is impossible.

Until THEY take that 1st step.

And of Course, that applies to most everything else in life too, right?

Look, the point I'm trying to make here is,





Anyway, after we worked on the berimbaus, we played for a wile, and just when the lesson was just about over, a friend of ours came over and we had a nice half-hour discussion.

After I got off work, I got a ride to Grand Park, and I just couldn't help myself...





O.K. now guys, Check this out!!! I found this YouTube this morning before I went to work. 2 mestres from different schools... well, watch the video.



Published on Aug 16, 2012 Extended version of the short dance documentary featuring Mestre Joao Grande and Mestre Poncianinho; two capoeira artists separated by generations. United by passion, ritual and respect... Bertie Films for Channel 4 as part of the Big Dance Shorts and Random Acts series. All rights reserved Bertie Films Ltd. Not to be copied, duplicated or uploaded by non-authorised parties. Category Film & Animation License Standard YouTube License







Now, I'm gonna end this blog with my teacher, Charles Williams, playing some capoeira on the mountain, with the most beautiful song in the whole, entire world, playing in the background.





If any of you out there are interested in learning Capoeira in ALL it's aspects, Mr williams teaches at THE AGAPE CENTER @ 5700 Buckingham Parkway Culver City, CA 90230 on Saturday mornings from 9:30 to 10:30, and on Sundays, he teaches at Griffith Park, across the street from the golf course, near the Greek Theatre, on Vermont Canyon Road going up towards the Observatory.

Come join us!

















Detachment is so powerful because when we learn to detach, we respect the forces of nature, which means we also respect the changes in our life.
~don Miguel Ruiz










No comments:

Post a Comment