Thursday, October 2, 2014

SO, YOU GUYS YOU THINK I CAN TOP LAST WEEKEND?




WASSUP FAMILY!!!

Since another weekend is upon us, I thought I'd tell y'all about what I did last weekend.

SATURDAY !!!

I went out to Venice Beach, and I ran into this AMAZING singer, whom I profiled on this blog before:



Her name is CROSBY MORGAN, and she sings like an angel. She was rocking the mike on the boardwalk, and I just couldn't leave. It was almost like the time I first met ANOTHER AMAZING SINGER....



Here's a small taste of what I got to listen to last Saturday...



And I also bought a copy of her album! As I showed in one of the above pictures, she sells CD's for $12.00, two for $20.00 You can also by one of her CD's online at: CROSBYMORGAN.BANDCAMP.COM







So, if you guys are out on the venice beach boardwalk, or in Santa Barbara, please feel free to stop by, listen to her play, and buy a CD.

For more information about Crosby Morgan and her music, check out the following web sites:

FACEBOOK.COM/CROSBYMORGANMUSIC

SOUNDCLOUD.COM/CROSBYMORGAN

SUNDAY !!! Sunday, I went to Griffith Park for my Capoeira lesson. For those of you who don't read this blog and don't know what Capoeira is, the video below will help you understand wat Capoeira's about.

And if it doesn't, then maybe YOU need a little help....

Documentário - Mandinga em Manhattan from acaicapoeira on Vimeo.



The teacher of this class is my friend and brother in the arts, Charles Williams.



He has an amazing channel on You Tube called SOLSINMOTION, where he talks about how to reach your goals in life, etc.



CLICK HERE TO WATCH SOLSINMOTION

Well basically, a class goes like this:

we have a music lesson first, then movement training, where we warmup, learn new techniques, etc. then we play a small roda at the end. And then, if we're not super exhausted, then we have another music lesson at the end.

On this lesson, I trained AND TRAINED until I was so exhausted I couldn't move anymore (Well, my mind wanted to move, but my body, specifically my right knee, reminded my mind that we're 40 years old now, and I can't abuse it like I could do 20 years ago, and went on strike) then I took some pictures of our teacher Mr. Williams and my classmate Daniel playing...



And here's a picture of Mr. Williams playing ccapoeira on top of the mountain:



One day, my mind will convince ny body that I'm 40 years YOUNG, and one day soon, I WILL be able to do that.

One. Day. Soon...





Anyway, after the class was over, I met some of Mr. Williams' friends:



I think I might have mentioned it, but in case I haven't, every Thursday night, Charles and company have this event in East Hollywood called well, check out the photo below:


basically, Freedom of Speech Thursdays is an Artistic Collective for poets, musicians, lyricists, singers, etc. to come on out and show their talents.

Here's a small sample of what goes on at these events:







For more info about this event, check out their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/FreedomOfSpeechThursdays

Now Charles's freinds were there because Charles wanted to throw a little potluck for them, in gratitude for all the work they were doing with him in Freedom of Speech Thursdays.

They did get there a little late, and I almost thought that Charles, Daniel and I was gonna have to eat all that food!!! Now normally, I wouldn't complain about that, but I'm trying to LOSE weight here.

But they did come, and we all had a great time.

I truly wish I could remember their names, though. I totally suck at remembering names.



Well, I hope I see them again in the near future, and maybe I'll remember to tell you their names.

Well, that was my weekend in a nutshell. Do you think I can top that this coming weekend? Only time can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment