Sunday, February 5, 2012

YOU DIDN'T THINK I FORGOT WHAT MONTH THIS IS, DO YOU?

Guess What, people?


It's Black History Month. Now some of out there might not care what month it is. But I DO CARE.


So, since this is Black History Month, all this month I'm gonna post articles and videos about African Peoples, and African Culture. So, to kick things off, I'm posting this great documentary.

If you look at the African section of my sidebar, you'll see an old man in a suit. This man was JOHN HENRIK CLARK. He was a Pan-Africanist American writer, historian, professor, and a pioneer in the creation of Africana studies and professional institutions in academia starting in the late 1960s.

Have any of you out there clicked on any of the pictures I put on my side bar? Well, if you click on John Henrik Clarke's picture, you'll find this documentary that I posted below. The documentary is called:

John Henrik Clarke - A Great and Mighty Walk




This documentary is a chronicle of the life and times of John Henrik Clarke (1915-1998). He tells it Both as a biography of his own life and as an overview of 5,000 years of African history, From ancient Egypt and Africa’s other great empires, The Roman empire, the Atlantic slave trade, European colonization, the development of the Pan-African movement, and down to the present-day of our history.

I hope you enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment