Monday, June 17, 2013

HAPPY MONDAY!!!




Today, I Do What Is Important To Me, First.
~Jonathan-Lockwood Huie



GOOD MORNING FAMILY!

Well like I said before, My Saturday was a recipie for disaster. Let me tell you why. Last Saturday in Santa Monica, there was a quarterly Sale and Gathering at a place called the KATHMANDU BOUTIQUE in Santa Monica.

Here's some info about it:



Kathmandu Boutique Quarterly Gathering Saturday JUNE 15th

It's that wonderful time again where we come together as a community to celebrate LIFE, FRIENDSHIP, FOOD and MUSIC at our quarterly open house gathering! Saturday June 15th we will be serving up delicious home cooked NEPALESE vegan food, extra special NEPALESE chia (tea) hot cider, amazing music from local artists, healing massage and henna tattoos just in time for Summer! As you know this is a great place to meet many like minded, conscious soulful beings like yourself!

SO BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!

15% to 50% OFF EVERYTHING STORE WIDE!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WE WILL ONCE AGAIN BE COLLECTING LOVE DONATIONS FOR SELP HELP GROUP FOR CEREBRAL PALSY NEPAL, NON PROFIT FOUNDAITON WHICH I CO-FOUNDED IN 1987 TO HELP AND EDUCATE TO MORE THEN 1500 HUNDRED CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES!

====================================
KATHMANDU BOUTIQUE WOULD LOVE LOVE LOVE TO GO GREEN WITH YOUR HELP TO REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLE DURING THIS GATHERING THEREFORE I REQUEST EACH ONE OF YOU TO PLEASE PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WATER CONTAINER PLATES AND UTENSILS IF POSSIBLE, ALSO WE WOULD BE COLLECTING YOUR USED T-SHIRTS TO MAKE INTO SHOPPING BAGS. THAT WOULD BE A GREATEST GIFT THAT YOU ALL COULD GIVE IT TO ME AND I WOULD BE THE MOST HAPPIEST PERSON ~ LOVE PEACE JOY ~
---------------------------------------------------
DAYTIME ENTERTAINMENT INCLUDES:
---------------------------------------------------
Govindacharya Ramanuja Dasan - 11:30am - 12:30 Graciouspujari Vaishnava priest or priest to Vishnu.Govindacharya has been meditating and doing puja for more than twenty years and studying the Vedas, Upanishads and Yoga sutra for 17 years. He has been assisting the Head Priests at the Malibu temple for six year. He is the head priest and regular priest at the rose temple. He goes to Hrishikesh India to do Sadhana or daily spiritual practices and Tapasya or austerities once a year and performs Vedantic meditation and the higher aspects of Ashtanga yoga
--------------------------------------------------
Henna Tattoo ~ by very talented artists PAWAN TULACHAN (Artist accepts LOVE donations)
--------------------------------------------------
Carlos Pamplona ~ (Love donations)
H2o Massage Pros will be providing massages.
https://www.facebook.com/H2oMassagePros
--------------------------------------------------
Manohar Gurung ~ multi talented Himalayan drummer percussionist Manohar will perform suffi hindusthani fusion to get your inner beat thumping. Please bring your talents and instrument of your choice to jam and be part of the fun all day long.
www.soundcloud.com/manohargurung
--------------------------------------------------
EVENING ENTERTAINMENT INCLUDES:
--------------------------------------------------
Stephanie Lallouz ~ 4:00pm ~ 5:00pm

Stephanie plays percussion, guitar and sings in French, Spanish, Portuguese, Hebrew, Arabic, and English. Born in Montreal, Canada with a compelling musical and artistic upbringing. Stephanie is performing, writing music, and poetry since her youth. Shares the stage with many accomplished & great talents and now resides in California. She was nick-named “HunnyBunch” by a San Francisco Radio Personality.
http://www.StephanieLallouz.com/
--------------------------------------------------

Hubie Vine ~ 5:00pm ~ 6:00pm

Hubie Vine is a multi-instrumentalist who has mastered such instruments as the piano, vibraphone, flute, tablas, and various other percussion's in a variety of different styles, including Jazz, Reggae, Pop, Rock, Indian, and others. Hubie has worked extensively in Europe as a studio musician, songwriter, and composer and has made frequent appearances on French and Swiss television, as well as worked on four albums with Graeme Alright, a notable rock musician and lyricist of Europe.
http://www.hubieyou.com/bio.html
------------------------------------------------
Jacqueline Angelica ~ 6:00pm ~ 7:00pm

Beautiful Jacqueline Fuentes is a singer songwriter. Her musical creation has South American roots, containing colors and structures that come from classical music as well as a combination of folkloric and popular music. Her inspirations have been Mercedes Sosa, Victor Jara, Violeta Parra, Milton Nascimento, Silvio Rodriguez and Joni Mitchell. http://jacquelinefuentes.tumblr.com/
-------------------------------------------------
Andres Salcedo ~ 7:00pm - 8:00pm

Join our brother Andres and his friend's magical adventure into the bliss of Kirtan! Be prepared to open your heart and free your mind with an amazing David Harbol and Emily!!
www.powersoulyoga.com
--------------------------------------------------
Danni El - 8:00pm ~ 9:00pm

Singer/Songwriter Danni El was born in Tampa, Florida, a
Developing style from her Peruvian roots, as well as her time spent in Brazil, Danni El shares her enriching and enchanting heart songs in Spanish, English, and Portuguese. She has a deeply soulful, bluesy voice, with hints of Native Peruvian influence that that will have your hair standing on end, and your soul swaying along in rhythm!

In her own words: " I believe in the healing powers of music, and I try to always channel that vibration to share with everyone. My goal is to travel the world, and bring healing sounds to the children, and plant love seeds within them, because they are the future."
http://Youtube.com/DanniElmusic
--------------------------------------------------
Stephen Day ~ 9:00pm ~ 10:00pm

Born in California and brought up in Canada and France, Stephen Day has enjoyed varied life as a composer, songwriter, instrumentalist, vocalist and teacher.

After studying sarod with world-renowned sarod player Ustad Amjad Ali Khan in India for three years, Stephen embarked on concert tours throughout Europe, Asia and North America. He recorded two albums with the Global music firm Boosey and Hawkes in London before moving to Los Angeles. Stephen works in multiple genres including Western classical, Indian classical, jazz, folk, and rock music. His credit range from scoring portion of the film formula 51, staring Samuel L. Jackson, to founding the non-profit organization Ombience, which supports artistic ventures that explore the creative connection between art and spiritually. Stephen has played in major concerts venues including Town Hall, United Nations Headquarters, Kodak Theater and Wiltern Theater in LA. His music has been played on major networks (MTV, NBC, DISCOVERY CHANNEL, BBC) and has been features in various shows including America's Top Model, Animal Planet and Rich Girls. http://stephendaymusic.com/Bio.html
--------------------------------------------------
DHANYABAAD (THANK YOU)
With Love, Reena Gauchan
reena@kathmanduboutique.com
Tweeter @kathmandu2005


Now I admit, I was going only going there because DANNI EL was performing there, but I wanted to see the rest of the event as well, as it was my first time there. So, the plan was to go out to Santa Monica, have breakfast at the NOVEL CAFE on Lincoln blvd., and then go to the Kathmandu Boutique and spend the day there, possibly buying some items, and enjoying the festivities. this was what I was planing for about 2 weeks.

But then, 2 days before the event, I was called in to do a temp job. When I got there, I was informed that I was to work 10 hours, on that Thursday, Friday, and Saturday!!! And then, on Firday, I learned that we would be working 11 hours that day, and on Saturday too!!!

That's right, my Saturday, which I'd been planning for 2 weeks, was ruined. Needless to say, I did NOT wake up a happy man that Saturday morning.

But, I'm happy to say, my day turned out better than I expected it to be... and I'l tell you why in a little bit.

You are just entering the Spring Time of Life. This is when the Garden of Your Life is beginning. Flowers of life are going to bloom. The Fruit of Life is about to ripen. All hands on Earth will join. All hearts will join. This is coming to your senses. This is more than believing what can be. This is grasping it. --True Vision by Heavens Letters
FROM HUMANITY'S TEAM




Well, Today is MONDAY, which means another episode of AWARENESS with ANTHONY DE MELLO.



Uploaded on Jan 7, 2009
Anthony de Mello - Awareness pt.50 assorted images.

see all videos in order at http://awareness.tk
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License



“People mistakenly assume that their thinking is done by their head; it is actually done by the heart which first dictates the conclusion, then commands the head to provide the reasoning that will defend it.”
― Anthony de Mello








Now, back to my Saturday. I went to work pissed off, but I realized something around my first break. I learned that if I don't make this day positive somehow, then it was only going to be a living hell for myself and everyone around me. So I chilled, hung out with my fellow coworkers during breaks, danced to some radio music (when the supervisor wasn't watching), and well, basically forced myself to have fun. And I became determined thrugout the day to GET MY ASS TO SANTA MONICA, to at least see DANNI EL perform, if even I only got to see part of it.

So after work, that's what I did. I got a ride to the Blue Line, and went out there. On the way, I helped a chinese tourist get to the airport, a man from New York get to north hollywood, and a group of Italian tourists get to the Santa Monica Promenade.

Now, when I got to the boutique, the first thing I did was look for Danni El. I went all through that store, then I went to the outside area where there was a performance going on. And then, I saw her:



It was the 1st time I've seen her in over a year. It was kind of like, seeing the bright light at the end of a dark tunnel. I also couldn't believe that I got there just in time to see her perform! I felt like I did something RIGHT in a previous life...

But anyway, we hugged, exchanged pleasantries, then after a little while, she went to perform. While she was singing, I forgot that I just worked an 11 hour shift and was very, very tired. Hell, EVERYTHING I was worried about disappeared. What can I say, , when you see Danni perform, You WILL be in for a wonderful experience that you will never forget.

Anyway, after her set, I had some presents for her, so I went over to her, gave her my gifts, (I think she liked them), and, she gave me some gifts (which I'll show you later). And then, I had to go home, so I gave her another hug, said good bye, and off I went.

Now on the way back, I saw a friend of mine who works at a Trader Joe's in Santa Monica named Sydney. And as always, we had a nice conversation.

She has a really good blog called PEACOCK BRIDE, and I encourage all of you out there to go check it out.
And now, I'm gonna end this blog post with the most beautiful song in this whole, entire world, a song of PURE LOVE.

This beautiful song is named "COLORES", and it's wriiten and performed by the amazing DANNI EL. She's an amazing Musician, singer/Songwriter, and an amazing person. You can find links to her Facebook, You Tube, and Twitter pages in the sidebar, under the music section. And Yes, she did perform it at the gathering last saturday.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH









Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and to explore life. You are not afraid to lose anything. You are not afraid to be alive in the world, and you are not afraid to die.
~don Miguel Ruiz





No comments:

Post a Comment